SMALL DOG PEOPLE! (help.)

PlottMom

The Littlest Hound
Alright, so I have this pomeranian until otherwise decided. I got some grooming tools, I brush him every day, he's gorgeous. He'll eat anything I throw at him, so I really want to try him on raw. DOES ANYONE ELSE HERE FEED THEIR SMALL DOG RAW?

He's 15lb, and when I asked my classmate what she'd rate his BCS she said 4.8/5, and I totally agree ;)

I'm thinking ideally he should be 12 or 13 lbs. What do I feed a dog this small?!?! My smallest dog to this point was Daisy, pretty much... by my calculations he should get a little less than 4oz/day... does that sound right?! Where on earth do I get him something that only weighs 4oz?!

Thanks in advance.

Ozfozz

Highbread Dingbat
A few friends of mine feed their small dogs raw.
From what I understand it is comprised of a lot of ground meats with necks, feet, tails etc. Or just pre-made formulas with a bit of RMB integration.

pinkspore

Bat Ears Only
When I did raw for my 6lb chihuahua I did a lot of premade ground and then tossed him the occasional beef rib or giant hunk of ostrich frame for the dental benefits. Were he a normal dog willing to consume parts of flighted birds, I would have done a lot of chicken feet and backs, and probably some quail and pigeon. I have a whole bag of pigeon heads sitting in my freezer.

Locke

I feed my 20 lbs. dog premade raw and give him marrow bones, turkey necks, elk neck bones, duck feet, bully sticks, etc. for his teeth.

He gets 1/2 lb (225 grams) a day split into two meals and he seems to do well on that.

Dekka

Just try me..
Most of my JRTs were all under 15 pounds. Dekka is just under 12 pounds.

Chicken backs are good, as are chicken necks. They enjoyed neck bones too (I think pork..) Wings are ok if they chew.

HayleyMarie

Like a bat outa' hell
Teagan is fed raw. She is 16lbs. I pretty much feed her everything I can get my little hands on. And I mean everything. But Teagan is a great chewer and does not scarf down her food. I also like to feed her food frozen and throw it outside. Keeps her occupied for a while.

And where are these pictures. I needs them!!

PlottMom

The Littlest Hound
So if I started giving him like a chicken neck or a turkey neck piece and then some ground or just muscle meat..? I'm afraid I'm going to make him fat - I've never tried to feed such small proportions! I'll get some photos soon - I've got midterms coming up!

ETA:
Right now I'm smashing chicken thighs with a meat mallet...

PWCorgi

Priscilla Winifred Corgi
I find premade so much easier with 10lb Siri. She does awesome on raw, but it would be hell to do PMR with her.

Members online

No members online now.