I can't wait to have a dog - I have a maturnal instinct for puppies

akemi_hikari

Duck Toller Queen
I don't want kids, but I want so passionately to have my dog. I don't know why.. I just cannot wait to have that little furry friend, to have the responsibility of taking care of him, raising him, training him, making his life as fun and adventurous as I can. Its almost like having a child..

Its just funny how I want a dog So Much, I always have, for my entire life. I've never been able to have one. But now where I'm working the feeling is just growing inside of me and I'm just bursting to have one..

I wont be able to have one though, for another good two years probably. I have to save up so much and its so difficult cos my job pays crap. And its impossible to find an apartment around here which allows dogs, sigh :(

Did anyone else have that feeling or am I weird? :)

Zoom

Twin 2.0
No, I am totally with you. I will eventually have kids, but I'm more excited about the dogs I want to have and what I'm going to do with them. Kids...you have to worry about murder, sex, drugs, failing out of school, police records, etc. Dogs...at least you can use a hose on them without people calling the cops, lol. ;)

Dakotah_2009

OOO YEA SHHHAKE IT!!
I am all 100% w/ you. I really don't want kids either...but you must have sex sometime in your life right? LOL....but if I don't have kids I also want about 4 dogs, 2 horses, and maybe a few cows or/and goats. You know live the whole farm life?

But do you know when you are getting a doggy?

Dakotah_2009

OOO YEA SHHHAKE IT!!
aww they r cute. I love schnauzers...if I got one I would get the standard one, I really would like to get one when I get older and have my own house. Buyt now I have to deal w/ Booger Butt (aka Dallas)

akemi_hikari

Duck Toller Queen
Dakotah_2009 said:
I am all 100% w/ you. I really don't want kids either...but you must have sex sometime in your life right? LOL....but if I don't have kids I also want about 4 dogs, 2 horses, and maybe a few cows or/and goats. You know live the whole farm life?

But do you know when you are getting a doggy?
What are you blabbering about!! ;)

You don't have to have kids to have sex, hon :D

I don't know when I'm getting my doggy :(

When I've saved up LOADS of money, and when Morgan and I have our own place suitable for a doggy :D

mrose_s

BusterLove
I have the same feeling about horses. Talking to ours one day, it felt so natural just to jump up and ride her around. But I can't wait to get one I might be able to ride.

yoko

i don't think i can ever have kids... just the idea of stopping my life with my friends and my plans to take care of a kid... i dunno just don't like that thought. on the other hand i love dogs and always want onw :D

10 REASONS MY DOG IS BETTER THAN YOUR KID

10.) By the age of 1 my dog knows more commands than your child will for a couple more years, possibly for it's entire life.
9.) I can take my dog to the store and if I say no when she wants me to buy her a treat, my dog won't throw a fit like a kid.
8.) When your kid is still in diapers, my dog already knows where to go to the bathroom.
7.) My dog likes people and won't start crying when I had it to someone to pet/play with.
6.) Your baby makes a mess when it eats, my dog can clean it up.
5.) A toy for your baby could cost you an arm and a leg, my dog likes ice.
4.) When your dog is two you can leave it alone for a while without a sitter. When your child is two if you leave it alone without a sitter, you can go to jail.
3.) For it's whole life, my dog can be bribed with food. When a kid reaches a certain age, they want money/a car/etc.
2.) I'd rather have my couch tore up than my car.
1.) My dog protects me from things like turtles and cats... Your child brings them to me.

A while ago I got into this whole puppy craze....I felt like I just had to have a puppy. Now I think, "How stupid! I have three wonderful adult dogs. I can do everything with them plus more that I could do with a puppy." I'm really lucky and blessed to have three furry creatures.

Doberluv

You don't have to have kids to have sex, hon
LOL. That works in the reverse too.

I remember a time....just a couple of years that I didn't have a dog and I just about lost my mind completely. I have to have a dog (s) in my life.....just like the saying goes, "Dog's aren't my whole life, but dogs make my life whole." (something like that) But in my case, dogs are just about my whole life. LOL.

I hope you can get one someday, since it's been your dream. Do lots of research ahead of time on training, breeders... and everything to do with dogs. It will make your time with your dog so much more fun and rewarding.

Members online

No members online now.