What's your dog's weirdest quirk?

Meowsy

i am going to make a video of them doing there tricks i will post it as soon as i do!

Ash47

Taco Dog
Precious digs until she feels that she dug enough. Then when it is time to cover the hole, she uses her nose to fill the dirt back in, ever so gently. LOL She even has a little mark on her nose from doing it so much.

Spud is not happy unless he has mud or dirt on his paws. He really enjoys doing this when his paw hair is really long.

Roxy Mae likes to watch you eat. I don't mean the normal way of sitting there and just begging. She sits beside me-I eat on the couch-stretches her neck out, and intensely stares me and my fork down. After awhile, it begins to feel like I am being spied on. :eek:

King likes to harrass other dogs, and one of the things he does is walk up and make DIRECT eye contact, and if he's happy/wanting to play, he kind of makes this "AYOOOO!" noise. Most dogs do not like this,to put it mildly. He just walks up and puts one of his eyes right up to the other dog's. Some dogs just fold up, some get mad, and once in a while, he hits the jackpot, and finds someone to wrestle with.

Molly has an odd fixation. I have papers spread out on the porch, so they don't have to wait in case I'm not home in time. When I change the papers, Molly can't hardly wait. As soon as I finish, she starts spinning around in circles (for several minutes) and pees! She's very pleased with herself after she does it. If I try to keep her from doing it, she gets very upset, almost panicky.

My Pit Mix, Gus had a thing he used to do that really annoyed me, and everyone who was anywhere nearby. He loved going in the car, so we took him a lot. The wierd thing he would do was scream like hell, sounding like he was being butchered EVERY TIME I got out of the car. This was painfully loud, he could really yell, since he had a huge set of lungs on him. If the driver's window was down, it wasn't too bad, but if it was up, it was downright painful! I decided one day to try to "break him" and got out of the car every block for over 50 blocks, and he finally stopped. I thought I had cured him, but twenty minutes later, he was screaming again. This used to get people to look and wonder what we were doing to him to make him scream like that. A lot of the time, I would say to them, "He just doesn't like me to leave him alone". The cops got called on this once, some old lady said I was beating him, and I had to show them how it worked. They just shook their heads and laughed. He didn't need me to hurt him, he was always tearing dewclaws off, or hitting himself in the eyes, etc. But I don't know how many head butts, and even worse, "arm shots" where I would be holding the steering wheel, and he would slam his head into the back of my arm, bending my wrist way, way past the normal amount. This hurt terribly, and one time, I went to the ER afterwards to have it looked at, it swelled to about 3 times normal size. I had to explain what happened 3 times before the doctor understood how he did it. Kind of like a 75 pound slegehammer whacking the back of my arm. There's no time to let go of the wheel, your wrist just bends.

Before Gus, my Lab Joe and Lab Beagle Blackie used to play this really stupid game until they were ready to drop. The would stare at each other, and then race to the fence. Regardless of who won (usually Blackie), the result was the same, Joe would chew on Blackie, and growl loudly. They would do it literally hundreds of times in a row, and I never could figure out what the point was.

Ash47

Taco Dog
Roxy has another one I just thought of. She refuses to ride in your lap in the car. She HAS to ride on someone's shoulders.

Zoom

Twin 2.0
Sawyer likes to roll onto his back and wiggle around like mad, making all these bizarre grunting noises. He'll stop for a second to make sure someone is watching him, and then go right back to doing it. Also, he REFUSES to sit on the floorboards of Daniel's truck. You can try and try to put him down there and for every paw you get on the mats, two more are back up on the seat. He just has to be up on the seat, and usually tries to cram in behind me. Eventually he'll just flop across my lap and go to sleep. He was a snuggly little b*****d in the truck today too.

SandraC

frznbuns said:
Spirit, has to have something in his mouth when he wants to go outside.. Anything, from a toy, bone, shoe, piece of lint off the carpet, or paper.
So does my GSD Morgan.

My other GSD Merlin actually gurgles like a baby when he lays on his back having his tummy tickled.

When you talk to Lacey she makes a noise like MMMMM and if you do it back, she'll do it a bit louder and longer.

Oh my goodness...Chloe has so many:

She's also a snorter...LOL must be a Crogi trait. ;)
She lays on her back on the a/c vents when she sleeps.
She barks like crazy when I sneeze or shut the windows or blinds in the house.
She takes a few pieces of her food in her mouth and walks into the other room to eat it.

Jackson Browne:

He likes to play with the cats...he gently takes Felida by the neck and drags her across the carpet...she lays there like dead weight and loves every minute of it. They wrestle and play together....it's so cute.

JB sleeps under the covers...when I move at all in bed he lets out this bog groan. It's adorable.

Martine

Trained by an Airedale
Misha moo's really loudly, like a cow - usually when we have the tv on and she feels we should be going to bed.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
I forgot that mary greets company with a toy and wants them to take it..if they don't she will get terrible upset..so we have to tell company to please take the toy say thank you and then hand it back..she has always done this..once Gg wouldn't take it so Mary tucked it in between mom's arm and body. She should be a walmart door greeter, she takes this very seriously..
Victor will take his paw and rake at your arm when he needs a hug..he only does this in the car and i don't know why..he gets very emotional in the car and for somereason needs extra hugs.he sinks his head between your shoulder and your neck. (that is if he is not pacing back and forth) He also feels a great need to smell people's breath.

LorriF

Puppy Whipped!!!
Another thing that drives Jake nuts is anyone with a bandage, watch or any kind of *tag* on them. He will harrass and try to chew until he either drives you nuts or takes the *tag* off you. My mom was over visiting, and she had slippers with little bows on them--Jake would not leave her alone until he had chewed the little bows off her slippers, and then he was fine :rolleyes:

The first thing he does with any new toy is try to chew the tag off it! THEN he plays with the toy :)

I've got it!

And it's been right under my nose the whole time. Hunter cleans himself like a freakin' CAT! :eek: He doesn't have dew claws, so he licks the sides of his paws and where his dew claws were and rubs his face like a cat. Sometimes both paws at once (which I absolutely melt when I see). Tonight, he's been giving himself a major BATH just like a cat does! Licking up and down his legs and chewing on his paws and licking them and getting himself clean. He knows he's going on vacation tomorrow... is this why such Big Bath time??? LOLOLOL... I've never seen a dog do this to such an extent a cat does...

Zoom

Twin 2.0
Oh I forgot one...Sawyer must have a pillow whenever possible. If needed, he will swipe one of mine.

Sunnypup

mostly ignored...
When we're in the car and he is buckled in the back seat Sunny will wiggle until his head or some part of his body is on the armrest in the front seat so I have to rest my hand on him. If he is riding shot gun he will wiggle in the seatbelt harness until he can get his head on my lap. He will grunt and fuss and cry until he has gotten himself into the most uncomfortable looking position and his head is just touching my lap then he'll settle back down.
He cries when he sees me pick up my cell phone and put it into my pocket if he is still crated.(how does he KNOW that means I'm leaving without him...such a simple little thing but he KNOWS)

He tries to get at whatever he thinks is in my mouth, by first pawing then licking my mouth until either a) I have pushed him away or b) he has succeeded in getting into my mouth (ick) he only does this to me, btw. :rolleyes:

Zoom

Twin 2.0
When he's sleeping or even just lying down. Right now he's rucked together a towel and a shirt I had on the floor to make his pillow.

When he hops in bed with me in the morning he likes to use my hip as his pillow. A bit of early AM cuddling. ;)

Members online

No members online now.