I"m Getting A New Puppy!!!

Sunnypup

mostly ignored...
Okay, well maybe anyway, pending Sunny's approval and Tim actually meeting the dog :) Friday we go and see if everyone gets along. I am SO EXCITED. I wasn't looking for one but I have really wanted a second dog. Tim said okay until we figured out we would be moving and needed the money for that so he said no, we'd have to wait. Well this lady is GIVING us a pure bred papered basset hound pup, already house trained, crate trained, and fixed in two weeks, with all of her shots. Plus all of her toys and leashes and collars. Okay, I'll start at the beginning I guess. I was over at this ladys house for a house parent group. I knew she had 2 5 month old basset pups but had never seen them. So we go outside and I said "OOOH they are so cute, I could just take you home with me!" and she said "really, you can have one." Apparently her husband only wanted one dog, but her daughter had bred their dog and she had ended up not nursing the babies, so she bottle fed all 9 of them. 2 died, and 5 went to good homes but 2 were left over. I am SO EXCITED. Okay, I already said that. She is too too cute, with big ole ears that she was tripping on. She's already socialized and trained and everything, so here's hoping both Tim and Sunny are as much in love with her as I am. Oh her name is Nala btw, and they also call her Molly...I don't know why, I guess the kids named the pup and the lady didn't like the name? At any rate they said she does really well off leash on trails with them so she sounds like a perfect companion for Sunny. I can't wait until Friday!!!

nedim

I'm absolutely positive noone has said this, so: PICS,PICS, PICS!!! lol

Barb04

Super Moderator
Sounds like the perfect playmate. Can't wait to hear how the meeting goes.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
Wow !!!!!!!!! I cant wait to meet your new family member.hope all goes well!

Zoom

Twin 2.0
How cool for you! A couple I work with has one basset and they are looking at getting another because Xander needs something his size and energy level to play with after he goes home.

Members online