Favorite SBT lines?

Sparrow

As much as I thought I'd get my next dog around the idea that I wanted to avoid DA issues entirely, I really just don't think the super dog-friendly breeds are it for me. I know some lines are better than others, so I'm doing my research (this won't happen until after Zoe is gone.)

I hung out with an amazing Staffordshire Bull Terrier at Barn Hunt this weekend. He definitely wasn't 100% solid around other dogs, but then again his owners would leash pop/verbally correct him every time he started to get worked up/overfocused on another dog, so I'm sure part of that is in the training. Anyhow, he really cemented my love for the breed. Seriously everything I am looking for physically and mentally.

I want my next dog to be super drivey for a variety of sports, primarily agility. I'd also like a running and hiking partner. I really just want a dog that I can take to normal dog places, which I can't do with Zoe's reactivity/DA. I know some of her issues are my fault from when I didn't know any better, but it's also just her nature.

So... pretty sure Nextdog is going to be a SBT! I was leaning toward Miniature Bull Terrier for a while, but the SBT seems to have fewer health concerns.

If anyone can recommend a breeder/line with solid temperaments, please let me know.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.