Took the boys to Petco...

Fran27

Yesterday we took the boys to Petco, to get them to see some people. Well, they did! There were lots of people there, and most of all, there were probably 20 people from a beagle rescue with beagles.

Boris was overexcited as usual (he had two sets of classes there and was always soooo excited to go to them), but we got him to calm down. Tips was great! I never really had to teach him to walk on a leash, he doesn't dare getting in and out the car nor out of the house by himself yet, but once he's there he's really good. He stayed next to my feet the whole time, was wagging his tail when people went to pet him (probably a dozen did), and just spent a while sitting next to Boris while people came to pet them. He did go see a few dogs but didn't seem overly intersted in them overall... I'm looking forward to puppy classes.

I guess it's amusing because people just come and pet them without asking anything. Good thing they are very friendly and not scared of strangers...

We're going back today because the trainer is there, we want to sign in for the next puppy classes for Tips and I'm sure Boris will be very happy to see 'the treat lady' again too :D

But I feel much better, I'm not too worried about Tips lacking socialization anymore... Maybe Boris' enthousiasm spread to him or something, but he was really well behaved and friendly.

A few pictures of him - I wanted to take some outside but it's just been raining the whole week end :( The weird spot on his leg is finally healing.

Members online