what a restless night!!!!

Debi

both dogs decided they kept hearing 'something'.....so they kept having barking fits. I kept getting up and checking things out...had all the outside flood lights on...never saw a thing. it was a little breezy, but it must have been the moon. then, I stayed up to keep things quiet. Dave will be the one growling this morning. Hammie doesn't usually bark frivolously, which is why I kept looking around....but he does tend to prowl around taking the protector thingy a bit to the extreme. Addie might have heard deer or something..she barks at animals. :rolleyes: all I know is.....they HAVE to be tired today, so we're all going back to bed this morning. I HATE nights like that...wish I had ear plugs sometimes for them!!!!!! or me. :rolleyes:

M

Manchesters

Tell Me About It!!!!!

Debi said:
both dogs decided they kept hearing 'something'.....so they kept having barking fits. I kept getting up and checking things out...had all the outside flood lights on...never saw a thing. it was a little breezy, but it must have been the moon. then, I stayed up to keep things quiet. Dave will be the one growling this morning. Hammie doesn't usually bark frivolously, which is why I kept looking around....but he does tend to prowl around taking the protector thingy a bit to the extreme. Addie might have heard deer or something..she barks at animals. :rolleyes: all I know is.....they HAVE to be tired today, so we're all going back to bed this morning. I HATE nights like that...wish I had ear plugs sometimes for them!!!!!! or me. :rolleyes:
First off my left shoulder was killing me (same type of pain as from bursitis, but it isn't). Then my nose got stuffed, so I used some nasal spray. The itsha went down the back of my throat and made it sore as Hades. I don't usually get ready to pass out till about 3 AM anyway.......but with a throat that felt like sulphuric acid had been thrown down it, sleep was slow coming.

Then when I finally did start to doze off, the dogs kept pinning me down, making the shoulder hurt. Finally I just got so drowsy, I passed out. And wouldn't ya know.......just as I was falling into that black hole------I have to pee!!!!!!!!!!

And on top of all this, there is another frigging hurricane aiming at Florida. And they have no clue if it is going to cross over into the blasted Gulf.

My dogs are the ones with the bags under their eyes, rofl. Their heated water bed kept interupting their sleep, lol. Oh yeah......and then there were the chest pains......................I think I need to take up drinking.

Shiva is in season, the coyotes were howling and the cows were bawling . . . need I say more, :eek:!

I think I've spent the majority of my life on short sleep . . . When we had the print shop there were more times than I care to think about that I went home, took a shower and came back to start the next day. Working as a paralegal, especially in criminal law, meant more two-ended candle days than I ever dreamed, on top of having to actually be focused and sharp.

At some point I wonder if I will just fall asleep and not wake up for several weeks. Wait, no, not possible. The dogs will wake me up [sigh].

There, Debi - feel a bit less alone in your misery ;) Hope your nap goes well! You too, Manchesters!

Debi

they yakked all morning..no going back to bed for me. NOW..they are each in a deep sleep...I feel like banging pots and pans. I don't cause they'd probably ignore me! MC, sounds like you had a baaaad night...hope you caught up this morning. Renee, hon....you have toooooo much energy!!!!!! LOL

I even went outside and walked all around...heck if I saw a darn thing. Addie gets herself worked up into such a state. she only gets like that when it's a dog in our yard, and I tell you.....IF there is a dog, it's not letting me see it (which is always possible of course) I'm tired...grumpy...and it's a longgggg way til bedtime. I guess if I get tired enough I'll be able to sleep thru any traumas tonight. (wishful thinking)

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
I must have slept for all of you..went to bed after the news..got up at 8 to do Hyia's hair and take her to the bus stop..went home dove back in bed..shock of shock..didn't wake up until 1. I have no idea what that was about.....?????

Doberluv

I'm sorry you had a rough night Debi. I know how you feel. At least you're not alone...up at night. LOL. Hey! You gave me a great idea:
I HATE nights like that...wish I had ear plugs sometimes for them!!!!!! or me.
It's time to get the tampons out again and stuff them in Lyric's ears. "More posting Lyric?" It's been like that around here for weeks. There's a bear snooping around. I've found bear poop and they trapped one down at the little store where one has been hanging around. They're coming down low to get berries and water and things because they're running out in the higher elevations.

Lyric runs from my bedroom window which is open a little to the living room and back and forth, frothing at the mouth, barking viciously and the Chi's are joining in with their screeching voices. It is sooooo annoying. I have to take naps during the day because I have been so sleep deprived for the past 2 or 3 weeks at night.

Last night, I went out on the porch with Lyric...before all this started and he went bananas and ran with thundering hooves after something. I could hear him over to my left going around the back of the detached garage and another animal over to the right. I could hear two distinct sets of running feet. It was dark...couldn't see anything. But it did sound heavy. And Lyric didn't listen to me at all....vicious, running and if it was the bear, he could outrun Lyric so finally my dog came back. I was so pssst! Last year it was Jose, my boy Chi mix who ran off a bear. A-r-r-g-g-g :eek:

We should just sign onto Chazhound when we can't sleep and whine about it to eachother.

MC....I'm so sorry to hear you're having this pain. That's a worse way to be kept awake. I hope you feel better soon. And I hope you fare well during the storm. Maybe you can get pictures. Be careful!

Debi

Doberluv, a neighbor stopped by and mentioned a big bear sighted down the road...we figure he may be the big guy we saw a couple weeks ago. But, nothing bothers my garbage or anything. That's EXACTLY how Addie gets....all frothing at the mouth. I figure she hears something...then takes her an hour to get over it. LOL that doesn't explain why they went on and on all night,tho....nothing wants to hang around here that long! They both went crazy sniffing when they went out. Last night was back to quiet and I crashed into a deep sleep!!!!!! :)

Gempress

Walks into Mordor
I was walking Zeus last night and we went over a bridge. The bridge goes over a dry ravine, maybe a 15-20 foot drop. Well, we were walking and the streetlight shows something run across the bottom of the ravine. Hmm, a raccoon. Did I mention Zeus has extremely high prey drive for small animals? The next thing I know, I'm WRESTLING with this stupid dog, who's trying to do a Superman over the edge of bridge. I'm terrified he's going over, and that he'd knock me off with him (the railing is pretty short). After a Godzilla vs. Rodan-style battle, I finally get my big furry moron in a weird kind of doggie half-nelson. He grudgingly accepts the fact that no raccoons will die tonight.

Of course, I didn't find the bruises, pulled muscles, etc., until this morning. Dang I hurt. Sometimes I wonder why we love our dogs so much. :rolleyes:

Doberluv

ROFLOL!!!! Gempress!

Debi...that's really something. Yup...I have all garbage locked up in the garage, never leave the door open, not a crumb of food outside, but I do have raspberries and some vegetables in my garden and roses. So far though, I haven't noticed anything messed up.

The thing is with my dogs is that my Chi's are super reactive and have unbelieveable hearing so they bark at seemingly nothing (it probably is something, but further away) but Lyric, the Dobe only barks when it's really something to worry about otherwise he's quite a watcher. So when he's going off, it's unnerving....a low, long, rumbling throaty growl and then a loud, loud, high pitched screaming bark that descends chromatically down the scale. LOL. And to top that off, when I had a hearing test during a health check, they said I have bionic hearing. LOL...off the scale.

Gempress...I'm sorry you are all sore. Gee wiz. That's quite a dog. I love the picture in your sig. What a gorgeous animal that is. I've never seen one before. Well, hope you feel better soon so you're in shape next time this happens. Last week, I tweaked my knee in agility and it got better just in the knick of time before the next class on Wednesday. LOL.

Debi

Gempress, your dog is totally gorgeous! I feel your pain, but have to confess that your story had me in a giggle....in the sort of 'been there, done that' way!!! and to be on a bridge...YIKES, and double YIKES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Doberluv, Ham is like Lyric...doesn't usually waste a good bark on an animal. THAT'S probably why I couldn't sleep from wondering what/ WHO the heck was out there. (then there was Dave...snoozing away......guess I am just paranoid!) LOL

Gempress

Walks into Mordor
Thanks for the compliments! :D But LoL, Debi, I'm glad I'm not the only one who has a dog with no sense of self-preservation.

Oh well, at least Zeus is quiet. As I nurse my sore muscles, I will pity the rest of you, who have to listen to canine air raid sirens all night. :eek: Good luck, and may your dogs be especially sleepy tonight!

Members online