Anyone done UKC Nosework?

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
Just curious to hear from people that could compare a bit to NASCW. I know it's very new.

MicksMom

I can't remember exactly how I figured it out- it was last year. I think it had to do with the number of trials you had to enter, and how they were set up. I kind of lost interest at that point (my husband had been out of work going on 5 years then). I could have misunderstood the cost. It's kind of a moot point for me, tho. UKC isn't as big here as in other parts of the states, although obedience is growing.

Link to UKC Nosework regs, etc

http://www.ukcdogs.com/Web.nsf/WebPages/DogEvents/Nosework

Last edited:

Sparrow

They are trying to get it going up here in Alaska. I'm interested, because with one reactive dog and one paralyzed dog, I'm limited in what sports we can play. The rules appear inclusive of Rook's special needs, but I'd have to check about her incontinence. NACSW allows diapers (or at least has in the past for someone I talked to.) Rook's just now on odor so we won't trial until September.

I think it's interesting that there are more odors. I haven't read up on it much yet. What is titling like? Do you earn legs or is it like NACSW?

Members online

No members online now.