Next dog breed-- help!

frostfell

Kung Pow Fish
I have thought about a rat terrier but I've heard they can be fairly soft? Am I mistaken?
I have a loud/busy home and I am a fairly aggressive personality (which can come across wrong to some dogs)... I need a dog that isn't overly sensitive or shuts down I get a bit loud/pushy (NO I don't believe in the dominance theory/dog whisperer bs, don't worry).
LOL thats my issue too, being loud and rough and stern. Im fun too, but even when Im fun Im loud and rough. I had pit bulls and they ate it up, and then I had other breeds like Shepherds and a BC mix and a Collie and my mere presence hurt their feelings and made them anxious. I definitely figured out that I needed to stay in the Bull breed family, Bullies, Pits, Frenchies, Staffords, Oldes, etc. They have the emotional fortitude to not wilt when you shout =D

How have I never met a pointer of any flavor before? what the frell???

sojello

LOL thats my issue too, being loud and rough and stern. Im fun too, but even when Im fun Im loud and rough. I had pit bulls and they ate it up, and then I had other breeds like Shepherds and a BC mix and a Collie and my mere presence hurt their feelings and made them anxious. I definitely figured out that I needed to stay in the Bull breed family, Bullies, Pits, Frenchies, Staffords, Oldes, etc. They have the emotional fortitude to not wilt when you shout =D

How have I never met a pointer of any flavor before? what the frell???
HA! You've described me to a T! I have had many dogs that I absolutely ADORE but they have been soft enough that I end up resenting them... I need a tough dog with a tough disposition.
All of the APBT's/bullies I have met just think I'm pretty hilarious. No matter how loud I am (I think despite how loud I am)... maybe the decision is already subconsciously made :D
Love bullies!
Labs too... they aren't soft either (the ones I've owned/met).

Members online

No members online now.