A first world problem/vain complaint about rabies tags.

I notice tags - they drive me nuts! :)

Tag noises are one of my peeves - and I'm not going to use those bulky tag bags either. Jayne and Kaylee have hanging FTs, but they make no noise so I tolerate them. As soon as they start to make noise, they'll be gone.
We all have our peeves, but I can def agree on those bulky tag bags...I wouldn't like those one bit. I use to have those rubber frames around my tags years ago, I can't remember if they silenced the tags or not. Maybe that's an option for those who hate the sound. :)

CharlieDog

Rude and Not Ginger
I don't mind the tag bags, Ozzy wears one, because he doesn't have a fetching tag, and I keep more than one tag on his collar. The others I have a clip with different ID's and their rabies tag on it. Those live in the car, and the paperwork is at my house.

Toller_08

I don't like city license and rabies tags either. For one, they jingle, and two, the rabies tags are ugly and often bulky. Most of the time I don't bother with my dogs wearing them (I've never seen bylaw walking around and checking), but when I do put them on their collars, I take the lesser of two evils and put a tag silencer bag over them. I don't really care for the look of the tag bags, but for me they're preferable to the jingling of tags at least. I hate tag noises. As it is, I bought Dance and Journ fetching tags, and the jingling of just one tags is more than enough for me some days.

*blackrose

"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"
I like the little blue rabies tags...LOL All you people hat'n on the pretty blue flower. :rofl1:

The dogs only wear their tags when they go out, so maybe I'm just not as exposed as most? Chloe doesn't wear a tag at all. Neither does Rose, as it kept getting caught on things. I didn't even know it was something that was supposed to be done! I figured as long as I had proof of vaccination when I needed it (aka, the certificate) I'd be fine. Shoot, Sadie chomped up her rabies tag (and Leader Dog ID tag) into a pretty much unreadable half moon shape and no one ever said anything - and we were taking her into all kinds of public places as a guide dog in training. We just kept paperwork on us encase anyone needed documentation that she really was a service dog in training.

Fran101

Resident fainting goat
Found a solution!

I got boomerang tags to put...

MERLIN
My name
My phone number
Vet's office name
Vet's office phone number
Rabies tag #

On a slide on collar tag! YAY! So I can feel like he atleast has proof of his shot without his wearing the ugly blue thing!

I'll just stick it on my keychain!

Sit Stay

Not a Border Collie
I like the boomerang idea!

Quinn's rabies tag is outdated but I keep it on her because it has vet information and also the getmehome website where people can type in the tag number and my information comes up. Its not too ugly - is a gold oval. We do a lot off leash so I think it's a good precaution. My mom and I were able to reunite a loose dog and his owners through the vet info on a rabies tag.

When I get her vaccinated this year I will probably just put the rabies on a spare rubit clip and put it on her while hiking, cottage, etc. it will be nice to not have jingling tags 24/7 too!

Southpaw

orange iguanas.
Speaking of rabies, I gotta get Jackson his updated rabies shot, like, soon. Ugh... always hate doing it. Really wish it was every 5 years, I'd feel so much more comfortable doing it.

ETA: I just checked his files and he's not due until May. Yay I have some time, lol.
Juno is due this summer and uhh... I'm probably just not going to do it. :p I live dangerously.

My city requires their city registration tag on at all times. Considering 2 out of 3 of mine are registered (two dog limit). I dont even worry about it, mine just wear their fetching tags. Our rabies tags are in my car with their certificates, so if anything ever happens are a competition or tournament I have their medical records.

GoingNowhere

looks like a dog tag to me :p

But then, I've never really gotten into the whole collar/tags thing. She's a dog, she doesn't care!

Plus, I did actually reunite a dog with an owner once because of a rabies tag. No other ID, but we called the animal shelter, who had the ID registered and called the owner and told them we had the dog/gave them our number. Quirky dog - he was a korean jindo. But I wouldn't have found his owners without that tag.

momto8

in colorado we got silver ones, hated them, they turned the white on their neck a nasty gray color ugh. Here we got these red hearts, so far not so bad

oakash

Kat/Oak AKA The Nice One
We have a red heart vaccination tag for Jack, along with a silver tag that says to call the human society we got him from. I'm gonna order a identification tag for him at some point. Suzie has her Good Karma tag that Renee made for her and I lurve it! And she has a rabies tag, but I forget what shape/color her's is. Most likely a red heart as well though.

Saeleofu

The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things, but vice-versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things and make them unimportant.
OT, but that's my favorite quote EVAR <3

Continue :p

Members online

No members online now.