Cali's new favourite game!

Cali Mae

Little dog, big voice
Since Cali has an aversion to walking through slush on sidewalks, I veto'd the idea of a walk this afternoon.

Instead, I grabbed a ball and we just headed out to the driveway for some fetch. We have about five foot high piles of snow surrounding the edges of our driveway so after awhile, I just started throwing the ball up on the snow piles since Cali loves climbing up the snow on our walks.

She loved it! There were times when the ball got stuck near the bottom but she just kept jumping up at it until she got it out. The only downside was when she realized that if she climbed all the way to the top, she could see her favourite running field so at one point, she tried making an escape but came back once she saw I had another ball. It seemed to tire her out decently too since we'd rotate between climbing up the snow pile and running all the way across the driveway.

chaospony

That sounds like fun! Sometimes you have to get creative in the Winter!

When the sidewalks are too icy or salty here we head to the church parking lot next door with the girls on long leashes.
They race up and down the huge piles of plowed snow for ages and it tires them out really well!

Members online