Does anyone have a heel nipper?

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
lol, I suppose this goes for all you with herders mainly. But Trey is a big heel nipper. When I run the dogs in the back yard running with him is like bark bark bark, heel nip, step, bark, nip, step, bark, step, bark some more, nip...

Yeah, yeah typical sheltie, rofl. Is there any way to moderate this? You get the guy riled up and the first thing he does (well after bark and bark) is go straight for your heels.

darkchild16

We are Home.
LOL im no help but some help would be nice. Whisper is a ankle biter literally but she doesnt do it to us...........she does it to the big dogs.

RD

Are you dead yet?
Noooo. BC teeth are SHARP, the only things they're allowed to sink their teeth into are toys and unruly livestock.

Dash would be a calf chomper if we let her. Every now and then she'll ever-so-gently take the leg of your pants into her mouth and stare at you, waiting for a reaction. :rolleyes: Little turd.

puppydog

Tru evil has no pantyline
Spray bottle with water. Did wonders for mine. She heel nipped workers and kids.
Although I must admit to losing my temper and walloping her one day, she never did it again, so yeah, worked better then the water bottle.

DISCLAIMER! DO NOT HIT YOUR DOGS! (she totally deserved it though, being pretty snotty to a child). That was the one and only time she got clipped and I felt so bad afterwards that I vowed to never do it again.

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
Spray bottle might work, but Trey doesn't really mind water much. Like I said, he's great until you start running. He doesn't bite hard, just mouths the back of your foot (or top of the foot if he's running around from the other directions) Sometimes even when you're not running but rather you say something (like cookie) to get him excited and he'll run up and do a little nip. It's usually when you turn around and start back towards the house.

Like I said he's not really biting, just mouthing. And it's more of an annoyance than anything.

darkchild16

We are Home.
Spray bottle wotn work for whisper either. She runs into the hose full on stupid midget dog. ITs not a big deal here either the big dogs just turn around and look at her like your point is?

ihartgonzo

and Fozzie B!
When ever Gonzo gets "herdy" with some one, I have them stop abruptly, turn around, and LOUDLY say "ah-ah!" He occasionally just needs to be reminded that guests are not livestock. D;

milos_mommy

He's probably super excited you're running with him.

Say "OW!", stop running, and look away. ignore him for a few seconds. Just keep doing that until he gets the hint.

Whisper

Kaleidoscopic Eye
Up until Millie was about a year we had a problem with that. It was worst when she first discovered all the joys of people-herding. :rolleyes: Of course when I worked with her it got more rare and eventually stopped altogether.

Members online

No members online now.