how did THAT happen?

elegy

overdogged
I enrolled Eeevil Red Dog in a beginner APDT rally class just to get her back in classes. She knows all the behaviors in her sleep with one paw tied behind her back, but she's so flipping reactive and unfocused, that getting her in any class is good for her.

She was AMAZING tonight. Just.... not my dog. I kept waiting for Hyde, because... this could just not be MY dog. Not the screaming, lunging, leaping, jerk of a dog that I know. She was GOOD. She was FOCUSED. She did a little sniffing (it's not nice to make a Halt/Sit/Down right next to some bags of cat food) and she did jump at one dog, but mostly, she focused on me even when I wasn't asking her to. WHO IS THIS DOG AND WHERE IS MY LUCE??!!

The class is held in a petstore, and there's not really that much space. There are five dogs in class (two goldens, a whippet, a Rottie, and Luce), so it's a little crowded. The trainer had a little course set up that was set up to allow multiple people to run it at the same time with minimal entanglements. This put us all in *really* close quarters, which in the past would have been a flipping NIGHTMARE with Luce, but tonight? She was SO AWESOME.

There's an AKC trial sorta locally in June. It said as of last weekend there were still openings for rally. I know *nothing* about entering in a trial (not even how to fill in the paperwork correctly. Or where her ILP paperwork is, for that matter). Somebody hold my hand?

wishbone

Wow, nice performance on Luce, she might show more! Wish there's picture or footage.

Miakoda

LOL. You know how kids are......they are always better at someone else's house than at your own. :D

elegy

overdogged
LOL she's actually a really good house dog. She has a tendency to lose her mind in public. Everything is OMG SO INTERESTING!!!

Members online

No members online now.