Vibes for Keeda.

SpringerLover

So the results are in: Bloodwork & U/A confirm diabetes. She is anemic also, but he didn't say if she was spilling any in her urine (I missed the call this is from a vm but this along with other signs lead him to suspect possible kidney damage). I'll have to find out more about that.

Monday she goes in for the day to have her insulin dosage worked out and then they will show me how to inject her.
If I've learned anything from my geriatric dogs, when both of them showed up anemic on bloodwork we saw no signs of infection, but treated with abx. Neither was anemic on later bloodwork. Could certainly have been coincidence, but I always like to mention it.

I hope figuring out her insulin regimen goes smoothly. Keeda's lucky to have you.

xpaeanx

It will be hard managing the diabetes with my work hours but we'll figure it out. At the end of the day she has an illness that can be managed. So that is huge... It could have been so much worse.

Sparrow

I am sure you will do well getting her into a routine for her treatment. No disease is fun, but it must be a relief that she has something that can be managed. Could her anemia be from not eating enough recently?

xpaeanx

Yeah, I am happy that her disease can be managed. That is huge, but now I need to find more out about how it works in dogs.

I think I will make a dog diabetes thread. I have a ton of questions and would like links to resources.

The good news is that she is a different dog than the one I dropped off this morning. She came waltzing out of the back completely alert, energetic, and happy and the ONLY change to her was today's insulin. I'm hoping she starts putting the weight she lost this week back quickly. Then when you look at her you prob wouldn't know there's a problem.

xpaeanx

Thank You. I'm happy it is something that can be managed too.

I just feel so overwhelmed right now... my head is spinning at 100mph it seems. /sigh.

Members online

No members online now.