Poopcicles!!

THat time of year again, everything outside freezes and stays frozen.

Goofy dog hasnt eaten poop all summer and now everything is frozen again.....

Poopcicles.

Im going to start making icecubes and finding toys I can freeze so hopefully Bluedawg dosent go after the poopcicles so much.

Yes I know this wouldnt be an issue I did a better job on yard detail.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
Victor makes it very easy..especially since i have to take him out on a leash, we have a big bushy viney thing outside and he eliminates about a foot apart each day around the base of the bush..clean up is pretty easy that way and it is never where someone can step...have you looked into the diet suppliments that are for dogs that eat feces?
I have read it is some kind of defficiency (sp?) that causes a dog to do that.

If he ate poop during the summer Ild think nutriant defficiant. He hasnt eaten any poo untill it started freezing. Would things like pumkin or other ingreedients work when frozen after being digested?

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
I haven't a clue..we had a dog at the kennels that did that..i didn't discover until i changed the straw in his box..boy was i disgusted with him..maybe Mordy knows..

I read a post on another list that if you feed your dog pineapple it will not eat it's poop
never had to try it here THANK GOD! I do think is a vitamin defficency as well
B12 I think it is? anyone know?

showpug

It's actually a natural survival instinct for dogs to eat poop, especially in the winter months. In the wild it helps to keep them alive. Females are even more prone to the behavior because of their instincts to keep the nest clean and lick their puppies feces to keep them clean. It's actually a very natural behavior, but gross as gross can be! My female pug eats poop like there is no other food supply on earth. I have tried every supplement under the sun and nothing works. She's not defficient in anything and very healthy. She is now on Innova EVO and still does it :rolleyes:

Members online