Yukon re injured his leg.........

Y

yuckaduck

we were just getting his training back on track and making hugh improvements and bam he re injuries his leg. Storm and him were playing and I think they got alittle too rough. He seemed ok but this afternoon he was showing the effects so off to the vet we went. Back on leashed walks, 20 minutes 4 times a day. No off leash runs! Hopefully it will be a nice short recovery this time. Poor Yukon he can't catch a break at all.

Y

yuckaduck

Poor dog went through 6 weeks of no exercise and everytime he tried to play we had to crate him. He was just getting really good again and now this. It is his bruised shoulder again, same thing. The vet said he could play inside on his own that I did not have to stop him thank god for that. Outside only on leash. I go back next week with him to see if he is any better. Also got sent home with some pain killers again so if he gets too sore I can give him some relief. Poor boy, I feel so sorry for him, he is such an energtic boy so this is torture for him.

Y

yuckaduck

GSDMom said:
poor Yukon, hopefully he will recover soon

Thank you I sure hope it is only a temperary thing and he gets better fast too. Poor thing! I will not put him in the turn out with Storm anymore because he plays too rough. Individual play time from now on. Poor Yucky!

He is enjoying time in the house though, chewing his big raw hide bone.

Y

yuckaduck

gaddylovesdogs said:
Aww poor Yukon!! It must stink being a pup and not being able to play rough.
I think it must too. Storm and Hope play but Yukon cannot. I think I might let the other two bozo's play and when they get tired add Yukon in so he can play too. After his leg heels again not before. Maybe they will not play so rough and he won't feel left out. I am not sure poor Yukon he is such a good boy too he deserves all the treats.

Do you have a KONG or anything else that you could stuff with food? You could stuff it with layers of stuff, like some kibble, a little bit of peanut butter, maybe some mashed banana or some shredded vegetables. It'll keep him busy and exercise his mind. My girls love their KONGS.

Y

yuckaduck

gaddylovesdogs said:
Do you have a KONG or anything else that you could stuff with food? You could stuff it with layers of stuff, like some kibble, a little bit of peanut butter, maybe some mashed banana or some shredded vegetables. It'll keep him busy and exercise his mind. My girls love their KONGS.
Oh yes I have 6 kongs right now two for each dog. I freeze them with all kinds of neat stuff and then alternate them around. That way there is always a full frozen one while they are playing. I am allowed to walk him abit too so i will and he will stay in the heel position to make sure he is walking. He is really good for that. I also am allowed to let him play as much as he wants off leash in the house so he can go crazy inside. He was shaking his rope around tonight and seemed happy with that. He is not nearly as sore as when he injured it the first time. Thank goodness!

Thank you for the advice though I appreciate it.

Members online

No members online now.