Kaya Had Another Surgery

Payge

We took Kaya for her checkup on Monday, all had been going well until that morning, when, as we were getting her leash on we noticed her stomach wound had filled up over night and was the size of a baseball. The Vet said since the drains didn't work its time to go in surgicly and repair the wounds. She had surgery on Tuesday, we picked her up yesterday morning (the surgery went great) and she is doing very well. The conehead doesn't go away for 10-14 days now though, sigh. Poor thing keeps bumping into everything with it.

We let Luna out the other day into the backyard to play while Kaya was still at the vets. We were in the other room and apparently she jumped and pushed the french doors open to get back inside. All we noticed was Luna was barking loudly....then we realised she was INSIDE and neither of us had let her in. She kept barking so we went to investigate and sure enough we could only count two cats. Envy had yet again decided to take a walk on the wild side. Crap. So we ran outside in our PJs and started calling for Envy. I finally got her by using her toy as bait and grabbing her. When we got back inside I closed the doors and locked them. As I was turning away to go back to doing laundry Luna barked and growled so loud that it startled me. I turned around and Luna was guarding the door keeping Envy from even going near it! LOL good doggy!

They pick up on what you want so quickly, don't they?

Poor little Kaya. But at least now she can go ahead and heal up once and for all. Those E-collars are a real pain! Shiva had to wear one - for all of 10 minutes. That was all either one of us could take. Her head is so big she couldn't even get through a doorway with it on :eek: Fortunately she understood she had to leave her stitches and drains alone, which both amazed and relieved me.

Members online

No members online now.