wash day

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
Is Monday wash day for anyone else? It reminds me of the old windup clock i had as a child that had a different chore for each day..I use to wash shaffer on Sat, but since market now it is monday..wash the child's hair, three dogs, the house the car..and then mayyyyyyyyyyybe i will get some serious work done. I am not in the mood for any of it and need some inspiration. :rolleyes:

Any day I get some sunshine - or in a pinch no rain - is washday for me now. Hanging clothes out in stolen moments is getting pretty old, especially since the grass is up to my butt and there's no lawnmower or weedeater. :rolleyes:

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
Im so sorry Renee..i did that for years and years and it truly sucks..i didn't get a dryer until a woman with back problems couldn't use hers anymore and gave it to me..do you have chiggers? Missouri is loaded with them. GG wears support stockings because of varicose veins and the chiggers are especially fond of her. She tried the ww40 on her shoes when she had to go out in the yard and only got a couple instead of 50 or so. i am just so out of it today. I need to turn the oldies on or something and stop playing on the puter between moving the hose around. THe day is slipping thru my fingers and Sat will be here long before i am ready. I got to do something about the car, it hasn't had a bath in a year and since it is white it is getting quite embarrassing. :eek:

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
i just finished washing Hyia and her hair,,she has quite a few chiggers. I don't seem to have them in my yard, but Gg has always had a problem. EVery year i offer to treat the yard but she has no way to keep the dogs off of it long enuff and declines. You use to be able to get flowers of sulpher to sprinkle in socks and undergarments..i use to send Aaron to camp each year with a small jar but lately i ask at the pharmacy and the all look at me like they haven't the foggiest idea of what i am talking about. That always worked so well.

You all probably won't believe this, but my husband does most all of the laundry. He does it on Wednesdays & Sundays. :D He does a great job, and doesn't seem to mind doing it. He is a really structured person and does his chores at the same time each week. I'm not like that....I do it when I can find the time. LOL

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
Hyia is dropped off scrubbed clean and braided up..now shaffer is here for his dunking and nail clipping..he has dewclaws that need regular trimming..Hyia "helped" me wash Mary and dry..i will probably throw both boys in the tub at the same time...i am like your husband..i gotta stick to a routine. Tomorrow i start the market merchandise rush and will do so until Sat morning..Sunday is my day to be a lump and rest up for the next week's rush.

Debi

I'm a totally structured person...I've tried to change that for years but just can't. lol I have a routine I do daily...laundry on Mon., Wed. I don't do any grocery shopping..that's something Dave has done from when our kids were small and it was a hassle for me, besides...I HATE IT. lol He never wavers...always shops on Thurs. after work. I 'schedule' everything. Dena, when I worked...my hubby did his own laundry. He stinks at folding, but I never washed one item of his. :) I do his clothes now...especially to have a full load, but he probably wouldn't mind still doing it just like the old routine. We're so dull. LOL :)

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
did u have that fisher price clock too? Monday i swear was wash day..i am going to have to find Aaron's old one and see..the pics were on the back and it had a little gurl (of course) doing the chores of the week

Gustav

Don't encourage me..
Wash day is Saturday! Martin arrives home on a Friday night with a weeks worth of dirty and rather smelly socks etc. I would make him do it himself but he can't see to get the hang of the fact that you can't put white clothes in with BLACK clothes :eek: Last time he did washing we both had to get whole new wardrobes!!! A good excuse if there ever was one! ;)

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
AAron does that i purposely make myself look the other way,,he wants grey socks then he is going to get them. I told him how to do it right, the rest has been up to him for years. All his clothes are black cept the socks, he might as well switch to black socks but hasn't yet. Wonder if Bronwyn will do his laundry?

Members online

No members online now.