People in the neighborhood's pit was shot

bogolove

Liz met this sweet couple walking their new dog that they saved from Happy Tales Humane in the neighborhood tonight. I happened to be outside down the street yelling at some little rugrat kids to quit throwing rocks at people's cars, but all those kids love Brady so it quickly turned into a Brady love fest.

Anyway, Liz called me after she talked to them and said she had to tell me their story because she felt so bad for them. They had 2 pit bulls and 2 cats. One pit died from old age, which is sad, but natural. The second one got shot and they were at home and the poor baby walked up bleeding and could barely hold himself up. They rushed it to the vet and there was nothing they could do at that point so they had to put him to sleep. Liz said the guy was so upset even as he was retelling the story he almost cried, and how he was saying that dog was his best friend and he couldn't understand why someone would do that.

Isn't that horrible?!

Then they told her that the same thing happened to one of their cats a couple of months later! She said some construction workers showed up at their house with their cat in their arms and said that they found their cat and someone had shot it and they better get it to the vet fast. So, then their cat died too.

I cannot believe how horrible some people can be. I cannot imagine how bad they must feel. I would be livid, sad, pissed, crying all at the same time.

Can you believe that?

So they just now have gotten a new dog, and she was very sweet. The girl told Liz that even though her pits were so sweet she never walked them in the neighborhood because of all the people that believe those stereotypes. Looks like she was right. I feel so bad for them and wish I could HUNT down the jerk that did that like he hunted someone's PETS!

Saje

Island dweller
Awwww. :( Those poor people! It kind of sounds like someone has a grudge against them! How awful. :(

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
The person doing the shooting needs to be discovered..firing a gun within city limits is a crime here..and someone had to have heard it. Then they police could add animal cruelty to the charge.

Babyblue5290

Happy Meal. Yum.
Thats horrible. Those poor people must be feeling horrible about their beloved pets. Did they move out of that neighborhood?

Those poor people need to beware of the vermin they're living amongst. It's not just because they had a pittie... their cat was shot, too. There is a low-life vermin excuse of a human being preying on their animals. I'd advise them to MOVE! :mad:

BigDog2191

Big German Shepherd
Man... that's terrible.

I'm sad for them. How terrible can someone be to shoot a domesticated animal, I bet the pit wasn't even doing anything either. They probably saw it and decided at the spot, what terrible crime to commit. I hope they find these people.

Martine

Trained by an Airedale
How heartbreaking for them. It's bad enough losing a pet, let alone knowing that someone intentionally killed it. Trouble is there are just too many people who think it is okay to make animals suffer - I'm having a downer on the human race today.

Barb04

Super Moderator
I can't believe what happened. Their pit and their cat both got shot. I agree that this sounds like someone who doesn't like them or someone who just doesn't care about animals. What on earth could the cat have done so bad that someone would shoot it.

It makes me think twice about where to move one day. We want to move further south to nicer weather in about 3 years, but you always have in the back of your mind that you hope you make the right decision. There are sick people out there, and I don't want to be their neighbor.

Purr

~3 Mutts~
That is so sick! How could someone do that?! I'll never understand people like that....The cat was probably shot because whoever shot their dog has a grudge against them for owning a Pittie. Sounds stupid, I know, but it happens.

That's just horrible.

roni

K-9 lover ;)
how awful...maybe somebody saw something. maybe if they post a reward for information directly connected with the arrest would get this horrible person off the street. (at least it is worth a try) how can people be so cruel.

just yesterday a man ran into a convienence store and left his truck running with his puppy inside (dumb). anyway when he came out his truck AND puppy were gone. he called his cell phone (which was still in the truck) and the thief answered. he demanded $500 if he wanted his puppy back alive. he also said that if he didn't give him the money then he was going to kill the puppy. anyway...long story short, the police got involved and when the guy went to pay the man the police nabbed him. the puppy was returned safe and sound. (sorry for the long story...i just cannot believe how horrible people can be) Especially when the animals cannot even defend themselves (against a gun). sad.

bogolove

Well, they live in our neighborhood, and it happened since they moved in. We live in a brand new development so there are woods all around the neighborhood too. It used to be the country, and people used to go hunting in those woods all of the time, but obviously now they have rezoned and that is no longer considered the country. There is still a big farm behind my house, but on the side where they live there are woods, but no one can live actually in the woods because the woods separate our neighborhood from another street that leads to another new development. I will never again buy a house that is in a neighborhood that is still being developed. There are too many strangers coming in and out of the neighborhood with construction workers, etc. My house was broken into after we had only lived there about 10 months. New neighborhoods are too easy to get in and out of for someone trying to cause trouble because you don't know everyone yet. I have lived there now for almost 2 and a half years and they are still building houses and I am just now getting used to who a lot of the people are. So, my advice is to only buy homes in neighborhoods that are fully developed. Or in the country and get a bunch of big dogs. That is what I would like to do one day. Of course, that still does not guarantee your dog is not going to be shot by some psycho in the woods.

Members online

No members online now.