Food question (for Cynder) (premade raw?)

PWCorgi

Priscilla Winifred Corgi
For the moment, if you are trying to get calories in her, you could try Canine Caviar cans (not a complete diet) or Nature's Logic cans. Both are insanely high calories. And expensive. But maybe for just right now to facilitate the less food, but more calories?

*blackrose

"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"
Well, when in click on the link it doesn't work. If you're interested, PM me your email address and I can forward you the email from them that I got.
I found it! You can just search for name and it will pop up as an option. Amazing deal. I think I'm going to pass for now (because if the pureed dry food doesn't work, I don't think a paste will, either), but that is an awesome deal.

For the moment, if you are trying to get calories in her, you could try Canine Caviar cans (not a complete diet) or Nature's Logic cans. Both are insanely high calories. And expensive. But maybe for just right now to facilitate the less food, but more calories?
That's on my list of things to try, especially if my first few attempts don't work.

What I'm going to try
1. Pureed dog food.
Starting off with this today. She used to eat a cup and a half of dry food, so I just blended 1.5cups with just under a cup of water and made a thick paste type food. I am very pleased with the amount of food it made - less than what she'd need if she ate canned, although this is obviously much more dense and has much less moisture. I'm going to give her a meal of a few "meatballs" (dog food balls?) this morning and see how she handles it.

If it makes her naseous or doesn't sit right, I may try making a more soupy consistency versus a pate for tonights meal, but I think if I have to do that I may as well just feed her canned.

2. Authority dog food roll.
I have to go buy more dry dog food ($5 off coupon from Petsmart - whoot!) and I think I'm going to pick up a roll then. Even if I don't use it as a part of her main diet, I think using it as a high calorie treat would be a brilliant idea.
3. Instinct Raw Patties.
4. New canned food.

This! EVO and Instinct are super calorie dense, too, but I like Canine Caviar and Nature's Logic more - they are the best for putting weight on.

Best of luck to you and Cynder!

Members online

No members online now.