to BIGDOG2191

poeluvr

hi.
I read the article before saying that you were afraid yuo might have to give up Rocky, what happened with that?

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
i am sorry that is the way it is Rocky..that would seriously suck..at least thru our difficulties..my son has always known i love him..and he the same..i could never hate him. Is it really that bad? Now my daughter did hate me for about 7 years..she is here tonight i will have her post and tell u her perspective now..things change and in suprising ways..this gurl tore me up inside..and now ..well we are all good if you know what i mean. A few years ago i didn't know if it would ever be like that.

BigDog2191

Big German Shepherd
I come home everyday and he's always in a crappy mood.

I try so **** hard to please him and it's not even funny.

I maintain a 3.4-3.5 GPA average all year. Why? Because my dad says "work hard in school, you better make good grades."

I take care of my dog which he hates and it's a HUGE responsibilty for me. I even find myself regretting that I had gotten him. Although, I do love him.

When he asks me to do some yard work or clean up in the house, I do it.

Every once in while, I'll forget. But holy shit, I'm only human. And a teenager at that.

He gets pissed since I didn't do it.

He's never ever satisfied with any one thing I do.

I can't EVER go out cause I don't really make any good friends. It's rare that I go to someones house or they come to mine.

The one friend I do have doesn't go to school and he barely lets me talk to him.

Today, I had gotten in a big fight with him.

Because I told him to stop hitting Rocky and that it would ruin his personality. He did this because Rocky peed on the floor.

He hit him twice and looked to hit him more but I told him not to.

I go to his room and he goes, I knock on his door and say, "Can I come in?"

And he says, "Is Rocky tied up?"

We have to do this sometimes when we leave or when we go to school/work.

And then I started arguing with him as to why I couldn't go to the movies with my friend. He gets angry... some things happened there.

Anyway, I untie Rocky and go to his room. He goes, "Get that * out of here."

And he chases I get pissed.

And I yell, "**** YOU!"

We've been in many fights like this and he REALLY pisses me off.

I can't do anything about it, cause he hates dogs.

bubbatd

He sound like a very tired, confused parent. I wish you and he could have a good heart to heart. He may be worried about finances, you and life in general. He is taking it out on Rocky . I hope you can talk.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
i am always worried about money..Aaron and i argue about money..his getting a job (jst reapeat that indeffinatly) his not helping out enough at home...he says i am not listening to him..i say he is not listening to me..we go round and round and round..sound familiar? He is all i got to help out...he sees this as a temporary place in his life he will soon be leaving..he is only thinking of the future..i am trying to figure out how we will make it to the end of the week with enough gasoline to get him to school..being a single parent even when you have the best communication in the worlds sucks..and if you feel unappriciated then you are depressed as well.. so there is my situation..i am depressed about money and lack of appriciation from my son..he feels that he is going nuts with the girlfriend.and his mom is on his case 24-7..and nobody is hearing each other...i hope that you can really hear you dad and he will in turn really hear u..good luck..AAron and i have chiseled the wall down a few more bricks this week..but still he snapped at me today and guess what..i snapped right back. It isn't the way i want it to be either.
I wish your father didn't hate dogs..that just sucks..if i didn't have
Bronki and Mary i don't know how i would have survived the last 10 years...they were my sanity on 4 feet..they always listened..always cared..always appriciated my affections and expressions...i need some love in my life and that is where it comes from..Aaron loves me to..but if i try to hug him i think his skin would crawl..he is not a touch me kind of kid..and if i say pay attention to me he thinks i have gone plain nuts and need to get a life.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
i worked two jobs for a long time until it gutted out my health.double shifts on thurs, fri, sat, and sun..then another job mon -thurs...i was angry that i had to do that too..sorry for him..sorry for u too. Life just shouldn't be so hard but for a lot of us it just plain is. Do you believe in your heart that your father loves u?

BigDog2191

Big German Shepherd
Well, if I were to bet a $1,000,000 on whether he loves me or not. I would take the side saying that he does love me.

Yeah, I know he loves me.

I love him too... but we get into some REALLY bad arguments and disagreements.

And he doesn't like dogs because he never had one growing up when he did have one--long story short--it was a bad experience.

And Rocky now, as a puppy, is A LOT of work...

Maybe he'll warm up to him :). My Dad isn't a huge dog person, either....though he did have dogs as a kid and loved them a lot.....it's just how much it costs to care for them that bothers him. So I kind of know how that is.

S

Stanna

Sorry to hear you are having so many problems, bigdog :(

I hate to say it, but have you reconsidered re-homing rocky? If your dad is hitting him, and you can't change your dad's behavior, you should consider it . Physical abuse is very devastating to any animal, but a puppy is even more vunerable , just like a baby. You wouldn't be abandoning him, but just doing what is best for him, even though it will be very painful for you. Postponing it would just make the damage more permanent and rehabilitation harder. It's alot easier to rehome a puppy than an adult with aggression or fear problems. Breed specific rescues in your area would be the best source for information.

I hope everything works out for you and your dad.

BigDog2191

Big German Shepherd
I'm not going to rehome because he's been hit.

It's not like we hit him with all our power 24/7, just when he does something bad like pee on the carpet right in front of my dad. Or nip very hard.

And I really don't understand why he still does have accidents, considering he's 17 weeks old.

Barb04

Super Moderator
BigDog, Rocky is still young. Kona is now a little over 6 months and finally stopped having accidents unless we don't realize she is asking to go out. If Rocky pees on the carpet, clap you hands to distract him and take him outside to finish. Also, make sure to clean up area and spray with Natures Miracle so it will get all of the odor out of the carpet/floor.

Kona is still nipping some at this age. My stepson's dog is now 9 months old and is finally stopping. We still keep toys on hand to give Kona instead of her nipping at our hands.

Have patience with Rocky and eventually everything will work out.

That's good to hear, DoggyDaddy. The three of you are under an awful lot of stress, but you need to stick together and try to understand each other. My heart just goes out to you three guys against the world . . .

gapeach

Big Mutts
I'm so glad ya'll worked things out. My mom's Gsd wasn't housebroken until about 6 months too.

BorzoiBoy

Russian Wolfhound
I have the same situation. I have the time, room and the funds to have a large dog, like a German shephard or Borzoi, but he just doesn't like them. I've tried the 'old I'll take care of him, but he won't budge. Many a time I've had an arguement or 7 about the matter.

Although your dad doesn't care for the dog, remember you're fortuante enough to have a dog.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
I am so glad to hear your cool now..i know what it was like to work two jobs..you come home dead tired..you don't know why you have to work so hard..so much harder it seems then so many other people..and u feel like your not making any progress no matter how hard it seems..then when the kid or kids are angry at u because u are grumpy at life and then grumpy at them and then the evil circle starts round and round..making the parent feel like why am i killing myself when it isn't even appricitated..and u have no spouse to say i care..or even i am sorry..or even here i will share the load. It is just an awful place to be in..so that is why i asked u if u feel he really loves u no matter what the fights are..he is there..and in this world of people dumping there responsibilities right and left that has to count for something. I think all anyone wants in this whole wide world is for their efforts to be noticed and appriciated. I am not there so i don't really know what is going on..i can only go by what it was like for me.and if just once one of my children in the hard years (like now isn't?) would have said..i love you for all that u do to keep our boat afloat yet another day..it would have made a difference in my outlook about everything. I tried to tell Aaron this last week when we had our big blowout..i feel used..and used up. I worked my tail off so that i could not matter at all?

Members online