The Venting Thread

AllieMackie

Wookie Collie
Got a filling yesterday. Tooth hurts so bad today. :( Kind of worried because I've never had a painful filling before.
I've had several be painful for a few days. It's normal, they just drilled into a really sensitive area and the anesthesia will often keep pain away for upwards of a day.

Give it a few days. If you're still experiencing pain by say, Thursday or Friday, call your dentist. My pain always goes away after 2-3 days.

Dogdragoness

Happy Halloween!!
EWWWW my ex junior school math teacher was at my agility class last night, I HATED her, she was like the single worst teacher I had. I wont go into why, but I will say that she did call me "unteachable" at one point :/ I surely hope she isnt going to be in the class or I might switch to another class, I dont want to look at her for an hour every monday ... ugh -_-.

Also, my depression is acting up, why in the heck am I depressed? I have a new wonderful puppy, and my life is awesome, I have nothing to be depressed about! I just cant shake this lingering feeling of sadness ... boo!

Melle

Also, my depression is acting up, why in the heck am I depressed? I have a new wonderful puppy, and my life is awesome, I have nothing to be depressed about! I just cant shake this lingering feeling of sadness ... boo!
I know this feeling :( It sucks, it's pretty much the theme of this week. I honestly shouldn't be complaining but I just keep falling back into it and things just feel gray. Sometimes it's even worse when there's no rational reason behind the depression because then it's just "I have no reason good enough" and it's very blah.

Cuddling the pets and tea and cookies always seem to work though, more or less!

Ozfozz

Highbread Dingbat
Last month we won some home-made dog treats from a company that held a Halloween contest.
They sent them from Guelph (approx 2.5 hour drive from my house), on November 7th.
I got them today, the bags they were in were full of holes and of course the cookies are totally stale.

Yet I can send a bigger package (treats included) across the country to Vancouver in under a week.

WTF Canada Post?

Dogdragoness

Happy Halloween!!
I know this feeling :( It sucks, it's pretty much the theme of this week. I honestly shouldn't be complaining but I just keep falling back into it and things just feel gray. Sometimes it's even worse when there's no rational reason behind the depression because then it's just "I have no reason good enough" and it's very blah.

I agree it does! I am sorry you are feeling blue, too :( I feel a bit better today, I hope yours passes soon :)

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
I've had several be painful for a few days. It's normal, they just drilled into a really sensitive area and the anesthesia will often keep pain away for upwards of a day.

Give it a few days. If you're still experiencing pain by say, Thursday or Friday, call your dentist. My pain always goes away after 2-3 days.
I hope so! I kept reading things saying that if you have pain in a tooth post filling you can expect a root canal. :yikes:

I think it is feeling a bit better. It hurts when I bite down on it but not when I am not eating.

JazzyTheSibe

Love is 4 legged word
DogdragonesAlso said:
Aww.:( I'm really sorry to hear that (((HUGS))) I know that feeling all to well. Because, unfortunately, it's now an everyday occurrence,& everything let of getting worse.Usually, for no apparent reason. I wouldn't go more into depth about my Depression here. Because of so many reasons. Plus, I'm trying to eliminate myself from talking about it all together.

Do you currently see anyone right now? If not, I really encourage you to get help and tell someone. Good luck!

Depression sucks,& that's just what it does. Tricks us.Makes us feel miserable, when our lives are otherwise ok. But, it's not my fault, nor is it your fault.

((((HUGS)))) I'm really sorry your going through. I've been there so many times, if ever need to PM anyone,I'm open.

Lyzelle

People are frustrating. Confusing. Lexapro helps me deal with people better. But it doesn't make me like them much more than I did before.

I guess I am a person who adores brutal honesty a bit too much. I do not pickup on subtle social cues. When someone says ''yes" I hear "yes'. Not "yes, but'. And I do tend to blame others for that.

But is it me needing more social training or others needing to be up front & honest as opposed to wishy washy?

ugh. I do not "do" people. This is why I have no social life. This is why I am so internet-active .

Dogdragoness

Happy Halloween!!
Aww.:( I'm really sorry to hear that (((HUGS))) I know that feeling all to well. Because, unfortunately, it's now an everyday occurrence,& everything let of getting worse.Usually, for no apparent reason. I wouldn't go more into depth about my Depression here. Because of so many reasons. Plus, I'm trying to eliminate myself from talking about it all together.

Do you currently see anyone right now? If not, I really encourage you to get help and tell someone. Good luck!

Depression sucks,& that's just what it does. Tricks us.Makes us feel miserable, when our lives are otherwise ok. But, it's not my fault, nor is it your fault.

((((HUGS)))) I'm really sorry your going through. I've been there so many times, if ever need to PM anyone,I'm open.
I was seeing someone, but I was unable to continue with it due to things happening, but believe it or not, agility class has done more for me than any therapy I have ever had lol.

AllieMackie

Wookie Collie
I hope so! I kept reading things saying that if you have pain in a tooth post filling you can expect a root canal. :yikes:

I think it is feeling a bit better. It hurts when I bite down on it but not when I am not eating.
You're right. Root canals are no biggie though. They're pretty boring. I almost dozed off during one. :rofl1:

JazzyTheSibe

Love is 4 legged word
Depression sucks when your parents believe that it will go away if you "try to be happy".
Awww :( I'm really sorry they view Depression that way.

I've been in your shoes, not with my parents, because they don't even know about my Depression. But... I decided to bring it up with a close friend. When I told, she got angry,& told me to be happy, & that I had no reason to feel in that way.

It's just not you who has to go through this experience. Unfortunately, it happens to so many people, because there's so manypeople who are still ignorant on mental illnesses. It'd be wonderful if it were seen as serious as a physical illnesses. Because it is a serious.

ETA: Always know that I'll be here for you,& if you ever need to talk to someone-PM me, I'm always open. *HUGS* to you.

Oh, maybe have them try to read this.

http://hyperboleandahalf.blogspot.com/2011/10/adventures-in-depression.html?m=1

AllieMackie

Wookie Collie
Depression sucks when your parents believe that it will go away if you "try to be happy".

We've all been there. Mental illness isn't "real" to a lot of people yet. Please please, try and see a professional if you can. They understand and can provide you tools to help you cope with the illness. :) It helps a lot.

meepitsmeagan

Meagan & The Cattle Dog Crew
My hip is killing me today. I'm chasing little dogs around trying to put them away for feeding and it's taking me a good 30 seconds to even be able to start standing back up.

Hip dysplasia sucks for humans as much as it does dogs. I'm too young for this.

Awww :( I'm really sorry they view Depression that way.

I've been in your shoes, not with my parents, because they don't even know about my Depression. But... I decided to bring it up with a close friend. When I told, she got angry,& told me to be happy, & that I had no reason to feel in that way.

It's just not you who has to go through this experience. Unfortunately, it happens to so many people, because there's so manypeople who are still ignorant on mental illnesses. It'd be wonderful if it were seen as serious as a physical illnesses. Because it is a serious.

ETA: Always know that I'll be here for you,& if you ever need to talk to someone-PM me, I'm always open. *HUGS* to you.

Oh, maybe have them try to read this.

http://hyperboleandahalf.blogspot.com/2011/10/adventures-in-depression.html?m=1

We've all been there. Mental illness isn't "real" to a lot of people yet. Please please, try and see a professional if you can. They understand and can provide you tools to help you cope with the illness. :) It helps a lot.
Thanks, both of you guys :) I agree, it totally sucks that mental illnesses are not taken seriously (and yes that comic totally sums it up). I would see a psychiatrist if I could, but as a minor I don't think that's a possibility.

Members online

No members online now.