The Good News thread

The price the boss wants to pay out for health insurance will definitely cover the package I was looking at. So I told him I'll take it and then go buy my own.

I'M GOING TO BE ABLE TO AFFORD GOING TO THE DOCTOR.

AND THE DENTIST.

I CAN GO TO THE DENTIST.
Great news Beanie! Had to laugh at your post being the last (maybe LOL) on page 666..yepp..demented humour here! :lol-sign:

That being said, benefits that are affordable, have been the dream we've chased for years and luckily hubby was finally contracted into his job.. and we have.. drs! dentists! Unfortunately, no physio coverage when he was injured off the job, but still and all 75% coverage of his pay while he was off for 3 months was a blessing!

JazzyTheSibe

Love is 4 legged word
You should be proud of yourself.. that is a very nice gingerbread house! I'm glad things are looking up for you.
Just noticed this!

Thaks so much, I really appearicate you comments! Can't really say that things are looking up anymore. :/

Thanks!
The price the boss wants to pay out for health insurance will definitely cover the package I was looking at. So I told him I'll take it and then go buy my own.

AND THE DENTIST.

I CAN GO TO THE DENTIST.
Yayyyy! That's so great to hear.

Yay! Congrats, to Rick, that's just awesome!

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
It's been a rough week having come back from such a long vacation and a trip to Disney world.

Today was just what we needed!!!!

We finally got to go back to church after 3 weeks of not stepping foot in the building.

When we walked in this morning we were bombarded with hugs and sentiments of missing us... then I was bombarded with questions about our Christmas food box ministry and then more hugs and "How did we ever last this long without you". It was crazy and chaotic but it feels so good to be missed and needed :)

After church we had to get all the food boxes unloaded, organized and given to people to deliver! It felt so good to know those boxes of food were going to families who REALLY needed them and would be blessed by them this season.

Then... even though we were already tired, we went to a local group that we have started volunteering for called Holiday Hope. They started 7 years ago and provided a Christmas for 8 families in their first year. We found out about them a few years ago and donated items to them and I participated in vendor events with them... but this year I really wanted to join the group as a volunteer. We were late to the party and unable to participate in some of the latest opportunities to volunteer but today we were able to be there even though we were stretched a little thin.

Today was "pick up" day. People came to pick up the gifts and donations that were given to as many families as possible. They sponsored 165 families this year. How amazing is that?!?! From 8 families to 165! Everyone was wonderful. It was so fun to volunteer with these people and there were lots of kids there volunteering. Unfortunately, Hannah started feeling poorly but she really wanted to stick it out and stay even if she just sat and watched. She wanted to be there and I'm so grateful for that. We had a lot of laughs and fellowship and just an amazing experience volunteering with this group and we really hope to become more established members in helping this group succeed.

It's amazing how our lives have become so focused in outreach and ministry and just giving back. It's just something we feel very strongly about and very focused on.
We were given so many amazing opportunities on our trip to give to others and it's just amazing.

I'm very very thankful this Christmas to have the opportunities that we've had to do the things that we love and help our community and elsewhere.

I'm not trying to brag about our ministry and I know we should keep it to ourselves but I'm so filled with joy that I just can't shut up about it

The only bummer is... while all this was going on... Hannah was falling ill with a virus. She's running a low grade fever so we pray she gets over that quickly and easily

87% on my Bio final with an overall "A" or 4.0 in the class. BAM.

still no grades yet for my other class. :(
Congrats! And I hate waiting for grades to be posted...

I finally secured my internship placement for my next and final semester of my Bachelor's Program!
And halfway during that semester I will be finding out what schools I got accepted into for the Master's program.
I also plan on taking my first licensing exam during that time.

However, I still wish I could fast forward my life about two years from now so I can be done with school! But I think July 2016 will come quickly!

Brattina88

AND THE DENTIST.

I CAN GO TO THE DENTIST.
ADULTS ARE ADULTING.

This was me last week! I have my new higher paying job, good insurance (work pays half), and I fiiiinally got my insurance card last week.

Goes to make some dr appts, also gets referred to another doctor.... I just remembered.... I don't even want this! I HATE GOING TO DOCTORS :cry::cry::cry:

:rofl1:

Oh secret health probs :( go away

joce

I have to go to the dentist tomorrow. Which is good. But ugh. Dentist! My anxiety is through the roof. Im about to chant clean teeth.

I did not have bad insurance before. Pass new healthcare laws to help people and suddenly mine is awful. either paid 500/pay or had a 4,000$ deductible. Way to make it better for me people! I chose the high deductible plan.

Homeward bound was on tv today, it was fun to re watch a movie I enjoyed as a kid!

This time watching it I wondered how they got the dog to have the crayfish on his lip or the porcupine needles.. If it was real or if they edited it somehow. If not, I feel so bad for the dog!

I had my 3 month review at work the other day and it went great! I got a small promotion shortly before my review and during my review they offered me more responsibility and talked about a more significant promotion they're considering me for! I'm so excited! It's so nice to work at a place where I'm appreciated and management isn't afraid to say so :)

I had my 3 month review at work the other day and it went great! I got a small promotion shortly before my review and during my review they offered me more responsibility and talked about a more significant promotion they're considering me for! I'm so excited! It's so nice to work at a place where I'm appreciated and management isn't afraid to say so :)
That is great news!

lancerandrara

Sports Lunatic
A giant section of the top of my newsfeed on facebook is just filled with dogs from dog people. :eek: I actually rarely see any posts anymore from people I know in real life/are not dog friends. LMAO

Guys, add me and add more of yall's dog stuff to completely dog-alanche my fb.

A giant section of the top of my newsfeed on facebook is just filled with dogs from dog people. :eek: I actually rarely see any posts anymore from people I know in real life/are not dog friends. LMAO

Guys, add me and add more of yall's dog stuff to completely dog-alanche my fb.
This is what I am trying to do! Since the past few years I have been more open about my dog obsession, I have tons of dog Facebook groups I follow and am getting more serious dog friends, so my news feed is starting to be all about dogs!

lancerandrara

Sports Lunatic
THE LAKERS WON TODAY AGAINST THE WARRIORS TODAY by a long shot throughout the entire game. Kobe "rested" this game and didn't play. Without Kobe to play iso and ball-hog and screw things up with his 20% field goal and 9 turnovers (yes, this happened 2 games ago, and actually is accurate to how he's been playing every single game the entire season... that's not a "one time thing" at ALL).
He even dared say yesterday, "I shoot a lot, because my teammates won't score."

.....Riiiight.

And Byron Scott (the Laker's COACH), the ultimate Kobe butt-kisser, said before this game to Kobe, "They need to fail to learn."

Fail?

Well, everybody proved them fools today and for that I'm crying in happiness. Everyone played SPECTACULAR without Kobe to disturb them, and I'm actually pretty sure the Lakers haven't played as well as today in two full years.

Also, I'm not sure whether Kobe is delusional and doesn't comprehend that he's been one of the worst players in the NBA this season or if he's just selfish crazy and just wants to hog the ball. Spectators are happy when the Lakers WIN, not when he plays iso and misses 80% of his shots.

Alright, basketball rant over.

... whispers, I decided to root for Spurs and Warriors now. I just rooted for Lakers this game, because those comments by Kobe and Scott were TOO stupid, and Byron in particular needs to be proven a giant fool, for anyone who hasn't noticed yet. Because rooting for Lakers with Byron Scott as the coach is literally the most frustrating thing in the world. He is SUCH an ass, in every definition of the word ass.

Alright, now I'm done. I promise.

This is what I am trying to do! Since the past few years I have been more open about my dog obsession, I have tons of dog Facebook groups I follow and am getting more serious dog friends, so my news feed is starting to be all about dogs!
This is the holy grail. This is what we all must achieve for our fb. :rofl1:

Guyyyyyyys!!!!!! I'm getting a white glider!!!!!! And he's apparently social with people unlike my three standard grey girls!!! SO EXCITE!! :D

xpaeanx

I finally got a new phone.... It's amazing and works properly. All the buttons function, no system crashing, I can download apps on it, it doesn't go into an endless cycling loop all the time. It's just amazing! Even the 2 day, 540 mile, ransom paying excursion to get my number on it may have been worth it. :)

*blackrose

"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"
Today is a bumming, video gaming, drinking, unlroducrive sort of day. Tomorrow I will get back to my regular scheduled programming, but for today, I'm just throwing myself a pity party, with fun party games and alcohol. And this is good. It will be a good day, not a sucky day.

Members online

No members online now.