Shows That Make You Geek Out

Equinox

Just got caught up on the latest episode of The Flash! Hmm, confusing but not surprising. That guy is sketchy as hell!

Fran27

Yeah about the Flash...

SPOILER (highlight to read)

He got beat up by the guy in yellow, so I'm guessing he's the second guy that they were talking about? Obviously he can't be in two places at once... So confused.

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
As a comic reader I will add a few things that make this extra WTF-y, and try not to give any spoilers, LOL.

If we follow with Flash comic lit, The Flash can actually travel through time. And in the case of Barry's mother's murder in-comic, that is what happened - Reverse Flash went back in time to kill her. In Flashpoint (right before the New 52 came out) Barry went back in time and stopped his mother from dying which basically Marty McFly'd everything and stuff got weird. There's more but it's really too geeky, ultimately everything is set straight which means Barry's mom more or less has to die.

Cisco said red and yellow, Barry saw red and yellow. Yellow is the Reverse Flash, the red is - my guess - Barry, back in time with Reverse Flash, trying to stop him from killing his mother. But ultimately he either fails or chooses not to stop him because of the Marty McFly effect.
Some people have guessed the red might be Jay Garrick, since he was the original speedster, but so far I don't think there's any real evidence to suggest we'll meet Jay. Although I would appreciate that!

I still don't think it's who we think it is. Because it is too obvious and it doesn't fit with the comics, and we DID get a hint in the show that it will keep with the comics ("Why didn't he kill me?" "I don't know." OOH OOH I THINK I KNOW.) There's a possibility who we think it is is NOT who we think HE is - in other words, his name is not his real name...

So given that the Flash (and Reverse Flash) can travel through time... that opens up a handful of options, doesn't it?

teacuptiger

floor dancer
As a comic reader I will add a few things that make this extra WTF-y, and try not to give any spoilers, LOL.

If we follow with Flash comic lit, The Flash can actually travel through time. And in the case of Barry's mother's murder in-comic, that is what happened - Reverse Flash went back in time to kill her. In Flashpoint (right before the New 52 came out) Barry went back in time and stopped his mother from dying which basically Marty McFly'd everything and stuff got weird. There's more but it's really too geeky, ultimately everything is set straight which means Barry's mom more or less has to die.

Cisco said red and yellow, Barry saw red and yellow. Yellow is the Reverse Flash, the red is - my guess - Barry, back in time with Reverse Flash, trying to stop him from killing his mother. But ultimately he either fails or chooses not to stop him because of the Marty McFly effect.
Some people have guessed the red might be Jay Garrick, since he was the original speedster, but so far I don't think there's any real evidence to suggest we'll meet Jay. Although I would appreciate that!

I still don't think it's who we think it is. Because it is too obvious and it doesn't fit with the comics, and we DID get a hint in the show that it will keep with the comics ("Why didn't he kill me?" "I don't know." OOH OOH I THINK I KNOW.) There's a possibility who we think it is is NOT who we think HE is - in other words, his name is not his real name...

So given that the Flash (and Reverse Flash) can travel through time... that opens up a handful of options, doesn't it?
I've had a hunch since forever that Barry went back in time, and then what the Reverse Flash said to Barry on the field... yeah.

And I've always disliked Wells. He just keeps on getting sketchier and sketchier.

JacksonsMom

I did that in reverse :p Found that awesome show 6 feet under AFTER my slight obsession with Michael C. Hall started through Dexter lol.

I loved Dexter's first few seasons. Enjoy!!
Haha so funny! Yes both great shows. I watched Six Feet Under initially because of Peter Krause from Parenthood -- so glad I got introduced to Michael C. Hall now.

meepitsmeagan

Meagan & The Cattle Dog Crew
How will I live without the Sons? HOW?! HOW?!?! HOW?!?!?! HOOOOOOWWWWW?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

somebody leave me here to die alone. the sad. soooo sad.

Dagwall

How will I live without the Sons? HOW?! HOW?!?! HOW?!?!?! HOOOOOOWWWWW?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

That might be one of the next shows I check out when I finish American horror show. Heard many good things about sons of anarchy. Though it was funny when I saw a commercial for it the other day and could only think "Peggy Bundy" when I saw Katey Sagal's character.

JacksonsMom

That might be one of the next shows I check out when I finish American horror show. Heard many good things about sons of anarchy. Though it was funny when I saw a commercial for it the other day and could only think "Peggy Bundy" when I saw Katey Sagal's character.
Another I need to check out. I tried to watch it right after I finished Breaking Bad and I just remember thinking the dialogue was kind of lame but I only watched 1 ep and I think I need to watch for this reason alone: :p:hail:

crazedACD

Another I need to check out. I tried to watch it right after I finished Breaking Bad and I just remember thinking the dialogue was kind of lame but I only watched 1 ep and I think I need to watch for this reason alone: :p:hail:

I've watched SOA from the beginning and the sight of his smug makes me want to punch him in the face. So hot but so...argh. Maybe angry sex with like four condoms and saran wrap, and then I get to strangle him to death? :D

teacuptiger

floor dancer
Atlantis.

Ugh.

Last episode I was like, "NOT JASON!"

Now it's a lot of, "BUT NOT ARIADNE NOW!" Not when she finally confessed her undying love to Jason!

PlottMom

The Littlest Hound

THE STRUGGLE IS REAL!!!!!
And right in the middle of vet school finals!!!! My scores will be significantly lower I fear.

Also I would let that man do obscene things to me, dirtbag that he is and all. Lol

Kootenay

So I haven't been enjoying Arrow as much this season, but I have to say I did like this last episode. Really curious how they are going to sort things out...but I take it we have to wait a while for the next episode?

meepitsmeagan

Meagan & The Cattle Dog Crew
I've watched SOA from the beginning and the sight of his smug makes me want to punch him in the face. So hot but so...argh. Maybe angry sex with like four condoms and saran wrap, and then I get to strangle him to death? :D
You would fit right in. ;)

Also, definitely watch for Jax alone. So much sexy. The season where he cut his hair short was my favorite.

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
So Korra finale.... Kinda not digging the random end shipping scene. Ugh talk about fan service.
Agreed... I mean... if you watch the fourth season you see some hints at feelings going one direction... NO hints at feelings coming the other way. I would have been totally cool with a shy glance and a little blush, but it was like HEY PS HEY HEY THIS IS A THING SUDDENLY. I guess they wanted to make it obvious but it felt so very forced as a result.

I felt like there was just some really bad writing at the end there... I feel like the endings in LoK overall were just not very good. Lots of great buildup and then wait swing and a miss?? I know a lot of people were dissatisfied with a few things that were left unresolved. And I had this realization while watching it that... I'm actually not sure if I really even like Korra very much. She annoyed me a lot and many many MANY times I thought, boy, she is actually not very strong. And at the end of four seasons I'm not positive there really was as much character growth as they were trying to imply and force there was.

It should be show, don't tell. And I feel kind of like this was a lot of telling but not showing. Oh no, Korra's super strong. Super powerful, like majorly so. And she has totally grown as a person... I swear. Also these two want to bang each other for real. I just wasn't buying it.

Honestly? I cared more about Prince Wu's storyline over the finale than Korra's. And that's kind of pathetic given how totally minor of a character he was.

I think great finale if you cut out right at the wedding?? Hahaha.

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
Agreed... I mean... if you watch the fourth season you see some hints at feelings going one direction... NO hints at feelings coming the other way. I would have been totally cool with a shy glance and a little blush, but it was like HEY PS HEY HEY THIS IS A THING SUDDENLY. I guess they wanted to make it obvious but it felt so very forced as a result.
YES Exactly that! My sister was like 'You just don't like it because they are both girls!' No, I just don't like it because it was poorly written and tacked on at the very end.

It doesn't help that I feel like Asami in general is a poorly written (and incredibly boring) character. Like... I can't tell you anything about her personality and very little about her backstory.

I do feel like Korra in general just suffered from a lack of vision and clarity. The thing that made ATLA work well was the characters and I feel like they just didn't have the same focus for the characters here. They kind of flip flopped one way or another then realized they were making them annoying (coughMakocough) and then made them better. Mako actually ended up one of my favorites though I couldn't stand him the first two seasons. But everything in general felt very condensed and very... 'This is this way because we said so' Not because it was shown to be that way in the script through character actions.

I did love the wedding. Varrick's story with Zhu Li was my favorite part of the whole thing. Now that relationship had buildup and actually made sense.

Members online

No members online now.