The musing thread

Melle

Considering enrolling in this online school/externship program to become a dog groomer...I think I know now I'd rather comb and wash than become a Vet Tech.

I think it's about 2k? But I'm still really broke and I'm not ready to owe the 'rents money yet.

Torch

Considering enrolling in this online school/externship program to become a dog groomer...I think I know now I'd rather comb and wash than become a Vet Tech.

I think it's about 2k? But I'm still really broke and I'm not ready to owe the 'rents money yet.
I would try to get a job at a good grooming shop and get some OTJ training before I drop that kind of dough....

And how can you learn to groom dogs from an online course? Every groomer I know works under someone as an apprentice.

Melle

I would try to get a job at a good grooming shop and get some OTJ training before I drop that kind of dough....

And how can you learn to groom dogs from an online course? Every groomer I know works under someone as an apprentice.
The program is half home-study and half real time externships and work under a mentor. I learned about it from a friend taking the Veterinary Assistant course, and I know at least for her curriculum some of it is reading and assessment about procedures at home, and she some days of the week she's also meeting with a course mentor, as well as getting hands-on time with a vet at a clinic.

amberdyan

I think I'm really getting to the point where I want to have a baby. Always before it was just little things and kimd of a "yah, why not?" sort of deal. Now it's slowly becoming an actual...want. Drive. Someone I went to highschool with just posted on facebook that she's expecting and I was *jealous*. I wouldn't have been thay way a few months ago.

Please please please let next summer be the time we can start trying, because I am ready now. I was kind of bummed a couple months ago when we decided not to try before his deployment, but it wasn't a huge dissapointment. It is now. Ugh.
This just hit me in the last couple of months, too. We've always known we want kids... but I'm starting to kind of ache for one. Especially spending time with my baby niece.

Melle

Does anyone know anyone who went through programs via Animal Behavior College, Penn Foster Career programs, or Nash Academy online or their onsite programs?

I don't live near or have access to any brick and mortar grooming schools, and I only live near one Petsmart or one Petco and they have no positions open (and apparently the PetSmart around here almost never calls anyone back). Trying to assess my options.

meepitsmeagan

Meagan & The Cattle Dog Crew
Does anyone know anyone who went through programs via Animal Behavior College, Penn Foster Career programs, or Nash Academy online or their onsite programs?

I don't live near or have access to any brick and mortar grooming schools, and I only live near one Petsmart or one Petco and they have no positions open (and apparently the PetSmart around here almost never calls anyone back). Trying to assess my options.
I know of someone who did Penn Foster... Let's just say it's not ideal for the dogs involved.

My friend saw a video and read about a silly thing a few days ago and she thought that she would share it:

This woman claimed that she was seeing swastikas on wrapping paper. :rolleyes: She was looking for it for Hannukah. Here is an article about it: http://www.kansascity.com/news/business/article4374435.html

However, my friend thinks that where she saw a swastika is rather a place where these patterns connect:

Actually she also read that that wrapping paper wasn't even made for Hannukah. So, she though that what that woman claimed was completely silly.:D What do you think about it?

amberdyan

My friend saw a video and read about a silly thing a few days ago and she thought that she would share it:

This woman claimed that she was seeing swastikas on wrapping paper. :rolleyes: She was looking for it for Hannukah. Here is an article about it: http://www.kansascity.com/news/business/article4374435.html

However, my friend thinks that where she saw a swastika is rather a place where these patterns connect:

Actually she also read that that wrapping paper wasn't even made for Hannukah. So, she though that what that woman claimed was completely silly.:D What do you think about it?
That is pretty silly. It's funny that you saw that from Finland- I live about 30 minutes from Kansas City : )

*blackrose

"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"
May be getting some important information this week....the wait is going to kill me! At this point I don't even care if it is what I'm hoping for, I just want to KNOW.

I am not a patient person. Lol

Southpaw

orange iguanas.
There's a clinic like.. 5 minutes from my house that is hiring... I'm not looking for a new job, don't really have any complaints about my current one, but I'm half tempted to apply just to see?? What if it's more awesome there, what if there was better pay/benefits???

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
I changed my mind.
All I want for Christmas is a Patrick Kane jersey...

AND a new job.

I have a feeling only one of these is a real possibility though.

There's a clinic like.. 5 minutes from my house that is hiring... I'm not looking for a new job, don't really have any complaints about my current one, but I'm half tempted to apply just to see?? What if it's more awesome there, what if there was better pay/benefits???

What's the harm in applying? You could just see what they offer and if you think it would be a better fit for you. Not sure how far away you drive now but only being 5 minutes away from work would be super awesome! And if it was a nice clinic, friendly and welcoming staff that you think would fit in with, and maybe a better salary it might be good to consider.

However, if it is about the same as your current job I don't know if I would switch since you are happy with your job right now!

Let us know what you decide to do!

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
Good news: after many months, my appetite finally seems to be restored to normalcy.

Bad news: I restored it by eating far too many Christmas cookies for a week.

I wish I had never decided to buy any of this gluten free flour. Or at least had thought to half these cookie recipes... oh boy. One week BEFORE I am supposed to wear the sex bomb dress to my NYE party is really not the appropriate time for this.

Members online