Murray is home!!

Irish

I can't believe how wonderful today has gone. We took Bear to meet Murray and they liked each other right away! They sniffed and began walking around together, neither dog was stressed or anything. We completed the adoption forms and put Murray and Bear in the car. All the way home, Murray kept resting his head on mine and my husbands shoulders. His eyes just shimmered with trust. Bear wasn't jealous or anything.

When we got home, we put them out in the yard together. They played a little, peed alot and Bear showed him around.

Then the big test, it was time to bring him in the house to meet - THE CATS. I thought for sure there'd be a squabble or two, a scratched nose, cats in an uproar, etc. Imagine our surprise when Murray walked in and totally ignored Jake and Frisky - and they ignored him! The cats just sat there, they weren't scared, mad, nothing. They never even hissed.

Now Murray is busy getting used to his surroundings, sniffing everything. He keeps coming up to us for some reassurance. He is a total sweetheart. He has to take it easy for the next 3 weeks because of being treated for heartworm and we have to fatten him up because he's too skinny. I can't believe the fool that had this precious dog and abused that privelage. I am so happy with Murray!

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
Murray has found himself a great home..i am so happy for everyone involved..kisses in his ears, and a hug around his neck for me please

Gustav

Don't encourage me..
Well it sounds like you've found the missing puzzle piece and he's slotted right into place!! Congratulations!! I'm so pleased you found each other and he was obviously just waiting for someone like you and vice versa! Pics are mandatory i'm afraid!! WE NEED PICS!! Lol! :D Congrats again!

Irish

Thanks so much everyone! Smkie - Murray said thanks for the hug (he loves to be loved) :)

One small problem: Murray likes to lift his leg, a lot, and not always outside. They said he was housetrained and he does go out a lot. I'm assuming he is just marking his territory. Twice last night and once this morning, he peed - just a little, right in front of us.

Anything I should do besides a sharp NO and immediate put him outside?

Irish

As for the pics: I am going to learn how to do it, if its the last thing I do! I really want to show you all Murray and Bear! I do so enjoy seeing all of your pics, so that is the next thing on my list: Learn how to post pics!! :D

Fran27

I think you should try the puppy housebreaking training with Murray. Just say no and take him outside if he goes inside, and give him treat when he goes outside, and he should understand soon enough that yes, it's the same rules than in his other house. I think it's normal for new dogs to do this, isn't it?

You can kind of expect a little marking in the house - just do what you're doing; Fran's idea is a good one. You might have a little nose-to-snout talk with Murray about how he has a forever place and doesn't need to mark it now. Can't wait to see those photos!

It seems that you and Murray were meant to belong to each other.

Irish

Thanks Fran and Rene,
I will do that. He is such a joy, he follows us everywhere we go in the house, like he's afraid of losing us.

I agree Rene, that having a nose to snout talk is in order. I really believe they can understand us sometimes, when it's really heartfelt.

Congrats!! HURRY UP WITH PICTURES!! I don't have a digi, so I get little throw-away cameras from Walgreens, go nuts taking pictures, and then request a CD for the puter when we get the pics developed.

Irish

Thanks Gaddy, yes that is my plan: if I take a bunch of pics then get a CD - I'll simply HAVE to teach myself - can't let the CD go to waste!

We are just falling in love with Murray. He is wonderful.

That's the way I do mine. I get the prints and the CD. I'm not ready to give up my 35mm Nikon and lenses for a digital, and I can't afford one of the new Nikon digitals that would use my lenses.

Members online

No members online now.