Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog News and Articles

Old 05-04-2013, 03:23 PM
Previously ravennr

Intent is one thing. Health is another. Intent doesn't make the health problems go away. Which is worse on the health? I've taken in a lot of underfed dogs, pushing emaciation, but this dog didn't look like he could physically move. His skin is covered in sores from where his body was never not touching another part of itself or the floor. Open wounds rubbing against skin and floor. And there are still younger people out there that truly believe it is not animal abuse to bring your pet to obesity.

It's a sad situation, but we can't excuse the elderly for everything. If they aren't going to stop doing this, then take the animals away. Treat the situation just as it would be treated elsewhere; elsewhere, it's not like an owner would be thrown into prison for this. A fine, taking the animal away, that's probably as much as anyone would do regardless of age, honestly. I don't see how that's outrageous. Leniency is part of the reason we have ridiculous new laws being proposed in the first place: because we don't bother to enforce the ones we have now.
Old 05-04-2013, 03:24 PM
Previously ravennr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sit Stay View Post
I unliked her page after she started posting ridiculous pictures saying how by buying a breeder dog you were "killing" a shelter dog.

Glad Obie is doing well though! What a transformation
Ugh, I have had to unlike many pages for this reason.I've had some nasty messages sent to me for trying to have a conversation about it.
Old 05-04-2013, 05:08 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sit Stay View Post
I unliked her page after she started posting ridiculous pictures saying how by buying a breeder dog you were "killing" a shelter dog.

Glad Obie is doing well though! What a transformation
Ugh! I only see their personal posts in my news feed, never seen those, I usually unlike those pages too, but I really want to keep following his progress, hmm...

Anyway, just for reference, this was Noodle before he was "loved with food".

And the day after I hauled his butt out of his former home.

And a picture of him happily playing with one of Enda's toys last year.

This is from this last week but it's to big to direct post, this is what he's usually doing most of the day. - https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.n...13369295_n.jpg

You can get a bit of a feel for why I've really been following this story.
Old 05-04-2013, 05:30 PM
Not a Border Collie

Wow what a transformation with Noodle! Wonderful job

Quinn - English Shepherd