Dog bed recommendations

Julee

UNSTOPPABLE
So. I generally don't buy dog beds because I have two dogs that will tear them up and one dog that is incontinent. I have two Ruffwear beds for around the house, but I need some suggestions for crates. Right now I just use towels or blankets that are given to me.

I need one bed that can held up to being washed a couple times per month when Shadow accidentally pees on it. I would like it to be comfortable, she doesn't tear up beds and she's old.

I need another bed that will be for Bloo. She is a bed-tearer-upper. It needs to be quite durable, as her Ruffwear bed currently is, but I've noticed she really likes beds that have sides so she can curl up into a pit bull ball in them. I would like this one to also be machine washable if possible.

Any suggestions?

Elrohwen

I use Mutt Mats in the crate. Watson isn't into super fluffy dog beds and they work well as a crate mat (or outside the crate). They wash easily.

They aren't super durable, but Waton doesn't tear them up. He is a digegr and if he digs at the mat it just balls up and doesn't get destroyed. With firmer mats he digs and creates big holes very quickly. So I guess it depends how the dog is destroying it. I've tried super durable crate mates and he just put holes in them quickly, and once he gets a hole started he won't leave it alone.

FG167

Kuranda!! I recommend them to everyone. They've withstood at least 8-10 puppies, and the resulting chewing and peeing (and pooping) that comes with babies. We love them.

I bought like 3 or 4 fleece mat/rug things at Job Lots when Hudson was about 4 or 5 months old. He is 2.5 years old today and I still have all of them. They have held up. I mean, they are definitely warn, but there aren't any holes or anything.

I got the one in the background of this picture for Hudson after the cat stole his birthday bed. I think I picked it up at maybe a Christmas Tree Shoppe. Hudson isn't a super big bed digger, but he does tend to roll around like an idiot on it

stardogs

Behavior Nerd
You can't beat Primo Pads for cushion with durability. I usually throw a cheap double sided fleece crate mat on top for a bit more snuggle and call it good.

FG167

Jentry ate Limit's primo pad. :( Limit is a digger. He scratches the same spot before he lays on it. Almost an entire year and the black was worn off the primo pad, but it hadn't worn through yet. We really liked it.

stardogs

Behavior Nerd
Jentry ate Limit's primo pad. :( Limit is a digger. He scratches the same spot before he lays on it. Almost an entire year and the black was worn off the primo pad, but it hadn't worn through yet. We really liked it.
That's so sad! Aeri's a digger, too, and I was amazed how well the pads hold up to that!

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
I'm going to look into some of these. Hank is a chronic bed shredder but I'd like him to have an actual bed while I'm at work. He has not eaten the Kong crate mat yet though. Every bed/blanket/towel gets shredded.

Hank is a chewer versus a digger though.

Members online