Gross Male Question

This is the only place I can ask such a thing. Gimmick (almost 2, intact) seems to have a lot of yellowish discharge from his penis. He's been checked out and he does not have an infection. Unfortunately, due to his deep chest, a lot of times he ends up with it smeared all over his chest. It's disgusting.

Is this normal for an intact male? He doesn't lick himself very much. There isn't an obvious smell, though I haven't stuck my face too close.

The area I'm in has a huge S/N push, so I haven't met many other intact males, so I don't know if this is par for the course or not.

Keechak

Aussie Obssessed
Yep yellowish creamy colored discharge is normal, the amount can vary I think tho. Hawk keeps himself pretty clean, tho I still see the discharge on occasion and yep it's gross.

Stingr69

Papillon Fan
My boy is neutered but his sire is not. The breeder keeps him in a diaper when at home in the house. I have seen what happens when she takes the diaper off and I understand completely why she makes him wear it. :yikes:

Hope this helps.

So my disgusting boy is a normal disgusting boy? Yay!

There's something kind of sick about wishing that he would lick his junk more instead of less. :rolleyes:

I kept my Chow intact until 2ish, where I could not take it anymore [though hormonal aggression/behavior became the main deciding factor in the end].

His 'lipstick' was ALWAYS out. Slightest over stimulation and hello mr pinky. And yellow discharge was there too...nothing like waking up to him slurping his pride and joy [chows have no volume control here].

Soon as he was snipped, it ALL went away including the behavior issues. I probably would of left him intact otherwise, and I teetered greatly because there was no guarantee they would.

I know many leave theirs intact here, as well as vasectomies if not...for Ro though, it was all or nothing and I felt it worth the chance of downing some of those behaviors [especially since all of them were being directed towards humans...marking them, kicking his feet at them, getting more aggressive, etc].

Anyhow, over sharing...just lots of memories with Ro. My choice would have been different for Ripley, two completely different dogs there [but shelter called the shots on his].

I believe this is called "smegma"

Ryker is intact and gets it occasionally, but it's usually just a small drop. I think some dogs just produce more than others. His wiener comes out a lot when he's excited and it's pretty gross.

Fortunately, Gimmick's lipstick tends to stay where it belongs. Actually, other then the discharge, my only issue is his licking pee and chattering. Even then, he confines it to just pee and isn't all up in female dogs business. I think I got really lucky with him.

Elrohwen

Watson licks himself often so I haven't noticed any discharge.

He also pees all over his feathers, so maybe I just can't see it through the pee stains. Ick.

*blackrose

"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"
Yup, it's called smegma. So glad Abrams keeps himself tidy. Blech. Lol

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator

He also pees all over his feathers, so maybe I just can't see it through the pee stains. Ick.
I was gonna say, Payton has yellowing around his penis but I just assumed it was urine staining... not from anything else... I've never noticed any kind of discharge but it's not like it's really easy to see anything on Floofy McFlooferson.

Yeah, Gimmick regularly pees in his leg feathers, too. How he can both cock his leg and manage to pee on his legs is a mystery that may never be solved.

Ryker will pee on his leg every time! He starts out okay and then the stream will gradually move until he's peeing directly on his front leg and pee is splashing everywhere.

Elrohwen

Yeah, Gimmick regularly pees in his leg feathers, too. How he can both cock his leg and manage to pee on his legs is a mystery that may never be solved.
Watson went through a couple months right when he started lifting his leg where he peed on himself every single time.

Now it's pretty rare, but it still gets all over his belly. We spray him off with waterless shampoo pretty much every time he comes inside. I love taking him for walks when it's raining because it washes off all the pee.

Katem

Ugh, Badger is super gross about it. Constantly 'unsheathing' and he isn't great about keeping himself clean. It's how he got the not so affectionate nickname smegs. Bear was probably at least 4 or 5 when he was neutered, but he likes to keep super duper clean, so it's never a problem with him.

Members online

No members online now.