Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old Today, 08:04 AM
I'm All Ears

I just woke up and my two dogs are sitting in the floor staring at me to DO SOMETHING. I don't wanna. Got to meet the family for easter church and it's raining outside so we can't even walk. The last 3 days were spent hiking and then at an agility trial for 2 of them. They should be pooped. But no. They're bored and want me to DO SOMETHING with them.

I can't read their minds. I gave them bully sticks but that seems like it wasn't enough. Maybe they're just so used to getting out early the last few days that they're waiting for me to start getting their stuff ready.
Old Today, 10:27 AM
FINALLY warm ... YAY :D

If I have to go somewhere during the day and the dogs have to stay in for a few hours, Bear (the JRT) has problems seedling at night if he doesn't get played with during the day and / or has to stay inside ... WTF, dog, even my high energy cattle dogs are ok with that if it happens but a 15 year old JRT isn't???

Old Today, 12:06 PM
"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"

Bit of gushing about my awesome dog.

We were visited family in Indiana these past few days and I cannot be more proud of how Abrams behaved himself. (Besides not knowing how to react in a multi-level house with a ton of people and other dogs.)

12 hour car ride north? He did great, even if he did bark at people at gas stations. First night in an unfamiliar location, after said car drive and no exericse? Perfect. He fell right asleep in his portable crate, that he had NEVER been exposed to before, without any fuss. He didn't care about the cats, he didn't care about the multiple dogs, and for the first time in his entire life he was able to be around Chloe without her trying to kill him because he actually respected her when she told him off. He was thrown into a lot of different situations - staying in a kennel outdoors in an unfamiliar area, staying in my car in busy parking lots while we ate out, a strange house he had never been in before and then had to sleep at, going from one place to another without Cynder, being off leash in unfamiliar areas - and he just took everything in stride. No anxiety, no nervousness, just, "Okay, sweet, what's next?!" On the trip back home he just dozed the entire time and when we stopped at gas stations or rest stops he didn't bark at anyone or anything. Got out, calmly did his business when asked, and went right back into the car and fell asleep.

I was so proud of him. <3 I love having a dog that takes everything in stride. I haven't had a dog like that since Blackie.

My travelling buddy on the way home:

Old Today, 02:36 PM
such sights to show you

Squashies is such a good boy. Hung out with the neighbors a little bit this afternoon in the yards (we have a gate in the fence between our backyards) and he is still so polite with other dogs. Their daughter has a little cocker mix who was a little overwhelmed by him, and after trying to engage her in play he left her alone after her polite but firm doggie NO THANK YOU. (And just paced around the yards from person to person for a while, lol.)

Old Today, 02:47 PM
"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"

Reiterating that Abrams is awesome. He just played with bubbles that my mom bought him, and had his very own Easter Egg hunt in the backyard. He'd find an egg, take it, cracked it open, eat the treats in it, then (begrudgingly) give me the egg and go find another!

I love my dog.