smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
http://www.chazhound.com/pictures/showphoto.php?photo=10430

http://www.chazhound.com/pictures/showphoto.php?photo=10431&ppuser=2623

http://www.chazhound.com/pictures/showphoto.php?photo=10432&ppuser=2623

http://www.chazhound.com/pictures/showphoto.php?photo=10434&cat=500

long long walk...then the first training session
afternoon training session
reward of woods where she got to run and climb the cliff and dig after woodie thangs..swim in the water and roll on something awful:rolleyes:
Mary and Victor rolled on that something awful too so Vic now covered from head to toe with mud and ewww went in the tub first and took two scrubbings. THen the girls got their scrubbing. THen it was outside with both doors open. In they ran out they ran. I built a fire and worked on the garden while they got their good dog chews and settled in the soft evening air. FInally it was in and to bed with her tired baby pepperpot self. She acted happier today then she has since the beginning. SHe knows the word come now without a doubt. We have had a whole week of the word come. ;) :rolleyes: :D

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
We have to leash up at the entrance of the woods because there are ball diamonds there and if a practice is going on we don't want to worry anyone even tho there is nothing to worry about. Once we get past that and turn the corner into the wide part of the park we are all good and can lose the leashes and play in the creek. SHe was so happy tonight i cannot put it into words. It was a hard week but yay... we are well on our way. I didn't call Mary and Vic in to help train, they were just being minni the mooches for the treats i had but their presense didnt' go unnoticed by Miss Pepper. Mary for some reason and i still dont' know how climbed the cliff and was amazingly at the top of the ridge. SHe didn't know how to get down however and i was trying to keep an eagle eye on Pepper so Vic saved the day, went up and found a way for her down. I think the fire and evening rest in the yard where they watched teh baby squirrels play in the creek was a perfect way to end her day. Tomorrow we will keep up the training sessions and the walks, but no woods. I have got to get back to my work~i am sooooooo far behind now but it was all worth it.

Zoom

Twin 2.0
FANTASTIC! Now she's gotten a chance to experience the joy that is running off-leash through the woods, I bet it sticks in her head. Let me know when you think she'd be ok with two other kids added to the bunch!

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
We sat this morning..i opened the door...she stayed sat..Victor stayed..i said Mary..she went out..then i said BACK which is the word to go and Pepper and Victor raced across the yard to the squirrel tree. Happy and tail wagging jumping against the bark. I let her enjoy her yard for a full half hour watching her. She stood and looked down the street, but she didn't go. SHes ignored teh children at the bus stop in the yard next door, as Victor knows to do, even if they whistle and call. SHe ignored the dog walking down the street. She stayed and looked down the green alley it took me forever to teach Victor was a no. She didn't go. I called, she came and we had a celebratory breakfast. Got a feeling bootcamp will be easier from here on out. IF this keeps up she will get the reward of the off leash dog park on the first when i have the gas money to get her there. YAYAYAYAYAYAY! I am sitting here with the door wide open like i like to have it in the spring before the bugs. SHe is relaxed on the feather bed chewing her good dog rawhide. EVen GG is amazed.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
My old boss would have said..she's a smart girl theres no doubt she knows that a mouse is a mouse and a rat is not!:D

ACooper

That is AWESOME news smkie! She is learning so fast.........you just had to know how to get to her!

I can't wait to hear of more progress!

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
WE are off to Victor's valley this afternoon...her reward for staying in the yard this mornin. I can't tell you how happy i am this problem is well on it's way to being resolved. How nice it is to let down my gaurd about the freaking door. To know that she isn't going to be dog splat or worse. She is happy too! THe collar taught her in two days what took me two months to teach Victor. Not that i would have used it on him or on any other dog if it wasn't necessary. This was a dangerous situation with a dog that had a well established pattern of door dodging and running. Being part pitty cinched the deal, i didn't feel we had two months to learn. THe way those kids ran away from her at the bus stop made me feel like we didn't have any time at all. I was so scared. So today is a rock on Very HAppy good DAY! YAY!

Members online