Bandanas

hey all, whats up? not much just thought i would share some thing. i heard some where that dogs and puppies feel more secure when the have a Bandana around there neck. i was wondering if this was true and i wanted ur input b/c i tied a Bandana around my puppies neck (dont worry i didnt put it to tight) i was wondering if the tale was true and i thought that u might want to give me your opinon. thanx bunches,
daisy and freckles

Fallout

Frisky Pup
My dog doesn't seem to mind them occassionally he dislikes them but most of the time he doesn't care it mostly my sister who takes them off him because she doesn't like them but she moved out so hahaha Frisky will wear them and continue being cute. He doesn't where them too often cuz petsmart usually gives us outdated ones (easter, halloween, christmas) you know the particular season its in.

Athe

Can't say as though I ever heard such a thing :) At the Grooming shop more pup's hate bandana's rather than like them. A nice collar on a pup will make "you" feel more secure as you will be able to snap a leash on whenever you feel a need.
As for a pup feeling more secure I would say that is purely a myth as it is not a natural thing for an animal to wear such a thing ;)
Mainly what happens is an animal associates some thing with a good thing. Perhaps every time an owner puts on a bandana the pup gets to go some where fun, this would be natural for the pup to look forward to seeing the bandana come out. It's mainly how they associate it and if good things happen when they have it on. ;)

Dakotah_2009

OOO YEA SHHHAKE IT!!
I've never heard of that...I use to have a dog that loved bandanas and I would make them for her and all. But I don't know if Levi would like them. But I think it all depends on the dog.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
Bronki loved his bandanas..he knew if i got the drawer open where we kept his selection (thanks hobby lobby and Micheals) that we were going to market..he would nose around and "select" his going to town clothes..there was no harm, and he looked ohhhhh so handsome. It was part of our routine..plus it made him more "people pleasing" not that he needed it. He loved city market..he loved the attention, and he loved his bandanas too because it was all part of the routine.

frznbuns

Hi I am new here. Was reading about the bandanas. I own 3 dobermans or should I say they own me. I have at times had bandanas on them without any problems. I make my own. I cut the bandana in half from corner to corner so that you have the bandana shape, then I fold down the top to fit the collar size and sew away, leaving the ends open. Then all I have to do is slide the collar in and put it on my dog. I like this way better as I am then not worrying about the knot getting too tight around my babies necks.
Well, I hope to be posting more questions and answers and love reading about all your babies too.
frznbuns

bubbatd

My goldens always associated their bandanas with " good behavior time , please "...

juliefurry

Rusty but Trusty
my puppy HATES bandanas! She'll run around in circles trying to grab it and pull it off. Then if she does get it off she'll try to eat it (so we never put them on her). She's the same way with her collar too, it's a little too big for her so she gets ahold of the end of it and she chews it trying to get it off. So we only put her collar on when she's going outside and we need to put her leash on.

Members online

No members online now.