Brushes?

Samsonyte!

So I need some brush suggestions. Wilson is blowing his coat and I want to get all the dead hairs out, but he hates hates hates any sort of metal brush touching him. I'm working on desensitizing him but in the meantime does anyone have any suggestions for a softer brush that will still get a good amount of dead fur out?

pinkspore

Bat Ears Only
I'm a big fan of the Oster mane and tail brush, it's a plastic pin brush that is significantly sturdier than anything I've gotten for my dogs. Everything else seems to fall apart right away.

altamont

Need grooming, regular basis and keep your dog happy and healthy. Check out any kennels for softer brush.

*blackrose

"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"
If by metal brush you mean slicker brush, I totally agree. Those things scratch and aren't good for getting out undercoat anyway.

I really really really really really really like the double row undercoat rakes. While metal, they aren't sharp. So hopefully may not be an issue?

Doberluv

This is the absolute best for heavily shedding dogs. I use to have horses and had a GSD and Lab, both big shedders. I already knew the wonders this did on the horses when they were shedding in spring so I used it on the dogs and it really, really takes out the dead hair without scratching them. It's rubber. You don't need something that digs and scratches. This really worked well for me.

https://www.smartpakequine.com/pt/r...pping | NB | TES&utm_campaign=15215&utm_term=

Now I have Poodles. They don't shed and I do use a metal slicker brush, but it's soft and there's a technique so you don't hurt them. And I use a comb on them. Anyhow, they're in short clips now so there's not much brushing...mainly their legs where I have the hair a little longer and a quick once over all over them every other day or so...takes about 1 minute. Both got groomed yesterday. I do it myself and that does take an hour and a half give or take. But it will be good for a month or more. I do like to do mine more often than some.

Good luck. I don't miss having dogs that shed. LOL.

Oh gee wiz. I just noticed the date on this thread. LOL. Oh well.

Members online