Your Current Dog Product Wants

monkeys23

Not a want, but I have to get Scout a new crate eventually because of the giant hole in the side of her crate lol. Also need a new cable for Lily's tie-out at my mom's.

Really want a couple standard Paco leads.
And a Pandora collar for Scout and a Maverick and rainbow Glow for Lily.

Mutt mats for mat exercises. To be fair I don't "need" them... the towel I'm using is fine. But... want. lol.

Kinda wanting a jump since we've been working on learning that!

And while we're at the far fetched wants... I'd love a nice little SUV with a large double dog variocage installed in it. That would be like freaking amazing. :)

PWCorgi

Priscilla Winifred Corgi
So today while at work peaceful_minion and I were about to go bonkers with boredom, so instead we perused some of our distributor's catalogs.

I found some things that I want!

Furminator Fur Dry!

And a Zoom Groom!

And a cheap soft crate to see if Frodo is able to handle the responsibility now that he isn't so SA. He's destroyed 2 previously!

There are more...but that would require getting my bag out of the closet.

Lyzelle

LOVE The Zoom Groom!

Petco makes a cheaper version now, by the way. And you can usually find even cheaper ones in TSC.

PWCorgi

Priscilla Winifred Corgi
I know, I always stole my housemate's Zoom Groom that he had for his cats when I lived with him :p

This is a really, really bad thread for me.

I currently have these on order at work. Wishes! Made from Fishes!
http://www.thehonestkitchen.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/Wishes_Boxed.jpg

I really, really want a soft crate for Jack, as I'm taking him more places, and lugging his "travel crate" (a metal one that's just smaller than his normal one) around is getting annoying.

I want some new Kong/Kong-like puzzle toys for Missy - she is a very enthusiastic Kong-unstuffer, and ends up chewing hers up.

I want a new rope or leather leash for Jack. And possibly a new collar. And if he's getting a new leash and collar...he'll need a new harness too! I'm thinking about that for Christmas.

CaliTerp07

A collar like this one:

I had it in red, and it was my very favorite collar EVER. Everyone in the world commented on how cute it was, but it was made of super cheap faux-leather from "The Limited" (why they had dog collars, I don't know!) and fell apart after a couple years :( The closest thing I can find is this:

on etsy, but I'm not paying $80 for a collar no matter how cute or well made!

I also love lots of the collars here and here

I'd love a contact trainer (Lucy's started leaping her dog walk...) and an indestructable soft crate, but I'm not sure the latter exists!

Also coveting one of those slip lead martingales they use for coursing.

PlottMom

The Littlest Hound
A puppy! *cries* Liz's sister is having her last litter at the end of November and I would KILL for one :(((

JacksonsMom

Omg so much dog awesomeness in one thread, now I want more lol.

I'm trying to be more practical when it comes to his things... I think next week when I get home I am going to go through and see everything he has and what can be given away, sold, or thrown away. I've actually sold quite a bit of it so I am kind of curious to see where our collection stands now!

But I've really become a 'less is more' kind of girl as of late, but am more interested in more expensive things so it makes me only want one of them vs. buying a bunch of different types lol.

The Hurtta jacket in the OP is $45 on amazon... I just might have to do it! He's never had a 'REAL' "active dog" type jacket. He has the stylish ones with fur hoods from Walmart, which are super adorable and DO keep him warm for the most part, but I've just always wanted a real active dog one if that makes sense.

Katem

A disc dog, dock diving, or a lure coursing club.

Pig is going to a fun-run tomorrow to try coursing, weather permitting. I'm extremely excited about it, but also a little sad because even if she loves it, we won't really get another opportunity to try it again.

As far as tangible things go, I think we're set. It would be nice to find something that goat-dog could play with and not destroy/try to ingest. Something tells me that I won't find anything though.

Ooo, would a new leather couch fall under dog products? They would be using it. And it would be a lot easier to clean fur/drool off of leather than fabric.

crazedACD

A disc dog, dock diving, or a lure coursing club.
Yes. Me too! Something within a reasonable driving distance.

There IS a Dock Diving group in Hudson Valley NY, and I think near Buffalo? I also think I've seen lure coursing events in my interwebs travels...NY is just a little too far for me.

Katem

There IS a Dock Diving group in Hudson Valley NY, and I think near Buffalo?
The pool HVDD uses is about 3 hours away. Not terribly far, but still not doable right now. Someone really needs to get on inventing a teleporter. I would settle for an extremely fast hovercraft/flying car.

I'm hoping to get more information on lure coursing in the area when I go to the fun run. It seems like the group running it is for purebred sighthounds, but there will be other breeds/mutts participating tomorrow. Maybe someone there will have advice for getting started.

The pool HVDD uses is about 3 hours away. Not terribly far, but still not doable right now. Someone really needs to get on inventing a teleporter. I would settle for an extremely fast hovercraft/flying car.
If you ever do decide to make the drive let me know. HVDD is like 40 minutes from me.

crazedACD

Oh yeah, it's about two hours from me. If Romeo is still fit in the spring I might take him out there for some practice. Maybe we should all do a meetup, rent the pool for a little bit :p.

Where is the fun run?

Well I have 4 Ellas Lead collars coming, but I do need some new leashes.

Would like some leather ones from Ellas lead and some of the black nubby biothane ones for hiking like these:http://www.allk-9.com/all-weather-biothane-nubbie-dog-leash-p-89.html

And I want another collar from here since one of my fosters ate the one I had:

http://www.carpecanem.com/store/index.php/item_42

And have to have some leather martingales from here:

http://www.celtichound.co.uk/

And probably some more cloth martingales, I like Collarmania, 2Hound, Nancy B, and a bunch of others from my Greyhound board. And Fetching Tags as they all need new ID tags.

A new Freezer so we can go back to raw food.

And agility equipment for the back yard! We gotta find a use for it since the dogs rarely go back there.

crazedACD

Of course...I just had another look for Lure Coursing and found a club that does it like twice a month in CT! Buuut...they do it 10-5 Sat and Sun...I have class now Saturdays and work Sundays. Maybe I'll have to rearrange my schedule for some weekend.

Katem

Oh yeah, it's about two hours from me. If Romeo is still fit in the spring I might take him out there for some practice. Maybe we should all do a meetup, rent the pool for a little bit :p.

Where is the fun run?
The event is being held by big apple sighthounds association out on long island.

I would totally be down for a meet up sometime.

Members online

No members online now.