Breed?

Speak now if your dog has gone in the breed ring, tell about your experiences! Feel free to tell about any experience at all on this thread!

Keechak

Aussie Obssessed
Two of my dogs have been in the breed ring, Hawkeye and Lark. I enjoy it, I think it's fun to try and present them at their best. We have at least 6 shows coming up next month (two weekends) and I'm itching to get back in the ring and get Lark out there in the 12-18 month class.

I always feel that way

When I show dogs in breed I always get that excited even in Jr's I get excited!!

I showed my male Shiba Inu, this was 17 years ago when they were a relatively new breed. But showing in the CKC it was pretty easy to get Ch. no majors and all that. But I had a blast and would love to do it again someday!

I've been showing Enda for a little over 2 years now, we've been in the group ring quite a bit because she's usually the only one of her breed entered. When I first started I figured there would be differences based on each judge but wow, I was far from prepared for the first judge we met in AKC, needless to say he has thankfully been suspended from judging, and I now have found a group on Facebook where I can look up to see what people are saying about judges before I even enter a show, but I'm also thankful that so far we haven't met any more judges who were like that fist one. We started in UKC and I can say I do see a difference in the judging procedure between the two venues, the UKC judges actually tend to be more thorough, but I've found many great and friendly judges in AKC. Even when we've been dumped reserve for a handler dog I have to say having a nice and even chatty judge at the end of the day makes it worthwhile. Well, I guess that would more so be my advice than general thoughts on my experiences, pick good judges and you'll always have a good time in the breed ring.

Members online