New foster Australian Shep?

naturesgift

Mo Wildlife Rehabber
Got him from a farmer that was going to shoot him. He was bought to work cows but the farmer never put time into training and just let him roam free and he hooked up with neighboring dogs and began chasing cows for fun. He is about a year old sweet as can be. He had been locked in a messy garbage filled cage for about a week without proper food an water when a neighbor called me to help him b4 he was shot for no fault of his own.

He is very sweet and wants to learn!

But everyone who sees him says he looks wolfish. so I figured a lot of you have aussie experience what do you think?

milos_mommy

He definitely looks like he could have a northern breed somewhere in his lineage. I might guess Aussie with some husky thrown in, or even something spitz-y...samoyed or eskie. I wonder what his siblings look like?

naturesgift

Mo Wildlife Rehabber
that's what I thought Julee.

it just made no sense for a cow farmer to buy that kind of a mix. and the farmer said he was purebred aussie.

naturesgift

Mo Wildlife Rehabber
He definitely looks like he could have a northern breed somewhere in his lineage. I might guess Aussie with some husky thrown in, or even something spitz-y...samoyed or eskie. I wonder what his siblings look like?

no clue I have only seen him .

He looks like purebred working Aussie, maybe a bit of Husky thrown in there down the line, but being purebred could definitely be possible.

Zoom

Twin 2.0
Looks Aussie, maybe with some cattle dog tossed in to account for the speckling on the muzzle and the odd coat color

Keechak

Aussie Obssessed
Looks Aussie, maybe with some cattle dog tossed in to account for the speckling on the muzzle and the odd coat color
the speckling on the muzzle is merling not roaning.

He looks like a purebred Aussie to me as well. He has a muddy undercoat and minimal white, I have seen many dogs with his look. His color is not out of the realm of normal. He would still be registered as a Blue Merle, he just has poor clarity in his pigment.

Laurelin

I'm All Ears

He looks like a purebred Aussie to me as well. He has a muddy undercoat and minimal white, I have seen many dogs with his look. His color is not out of the realm of normal. He would still be registered as a Blue Merle, he just has poor clarity in his pigment.
I was thinking his coat looks brindle merle, but it's hard to tell.

ex: http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRaqCQXqunT8ff51-5gxSzoN1mefBDO8IrfyA-45oEQRDLKyPiI

Zoom

Twin 2.0

It was hard to tell on my phone. NOw that I'm on my laptop, I can see that. :)

Members online