flaky skin and bladder problem

drocket

I have a boxer that is 10 years old. She has very dry skin and the vet doesn't know what is the problem the flaky skin started maybe 2 years ago and has only gotten worse. I have tried fatty acids that the vet suggested and still nothing. She does scratch alot and there is just hair and skin all over the house everyday from this, and a week after she has a bath she starts to smell again. Any suggestions would be appreciated. I'm not thinking its allergies since it only started happening when she was 8 and she would have been scratching before this.

Another problem is that she drinks A LOT of water and has accidents because of it. The vet took tests of everything and thyroid problems never came up, but gave me meds just to make sure, still nothing.

Saje

Island dweller
What kind of food are you feeding?

Renee, would the Great Dane Lady have any articles for this? I'll go look...

drocket

we feed her holistic dry food for older dogs and a little pedigree can food. The cushing's disease sounds like the closest thing to what she has. She is a boxer and they are known for tumors she has had a couple removed already, the only thing is the skin looks more like its scaling so that puts her in more areas, but she is going to the vet next week so ill suggest cushing's disease and see if she tested for that or not. The vet took blood tests and it said she doesn't have diabetes, thanks for all the help you have done already.

Members online

No members online now.