How much do your dogs eat daily?

Fran101

Resident fainting goat
I am a horrible puppy parent LOL he is 7 months old and weighs..heavy.
He eats...whatever..ish.

1.5 cups (ish?) in the morning of Fromm Grain free Surf & Turf (or TOTW or whatever else is around) with a few squirts of salmon oil

treats throughout the day at the store from training treats to bullys to all kinds of nonsense (which is why he doesn't get lunch anymore honestly)

1.5 cupsish for dinner plus a freeze dried raw pattie (stella & chewies) mixed in.

Other than regular treats he also gets at least one of these everyday..usually 2-3
- Bully sticks
- Buffalo Scapulas
- Marrow bone
- Cow ear
- Sheep ear
- Goat heart
- Cod Skins
- Cow Trachea

.. he works at a pet store.
His weight is good, his coat is shiny, he is healthy. Other than being spoiled rotten I think he's doing fine

Cali Mae

Little dog, big voice
Cali basically free feeds, and by free feeds, I mean that I just fill up her bowl and offer it to her at night to eat. She eats very little so usually I just feed her until she doesn't eat anymore, she's on the skinny side but the vet has always said she's at a perfect weight for her size range. She's on Go! Turkey + Chicken. She's not the type to chow down and will only eat if someone is sitting with her on the couch... at least she's improved from when the food used to have to be thrown on the floor for her when she was a puppy. :p

She also chews on dehydrated beef tracheas each day, and usually a six inch one lasts five days or so.

JacksonsMom

Jackson, 16lbs, eats 1/2 cup daily (of NOW Grain-Free or Acana).
He also occasionally gets a spoonful of wet food mixed in.
Wysong Dentatreat sprinkled on top and a squirt of Grizzly Salmon Oil.
He gets a 'Get Naked' small chew daily.
Among other random training treats.
Oh and he chews on a random bully stick every now and then.

SpringerLover

Buzz (53ish pounds) eats about 2.5 cups/day of Nature's Logic Beef if he isn't getting any raw. He generally has raw added to his meals, so he's generally getting a little less than 1 cup of kibble and 1/4 poundish of raw at each meal.

Bailey (42ish pounds) eats 3/4 cup of whatever kibble I buy twice daily (right now it's... Fromm Whitefish, Pure Vita Bison, and Earthborn Lamb ALL MIXED TOGETHER, because racecar). She gets about 1/8 canned to take her meds twice daily as well.

Dixie is slightly chunky still (55ish pounds). She was eating 3 cups of Diamond Naturals per day when she came to me. I started feeding her whatever I feed Buzz and reduced it to 2.5 cups/day. With all the extra treats and bones and stuff, I should reduce it a little more.

Giny

I don't measure, I guesstimate approximately their portion. I feed home cooked meals twice a day and if I pass their feeding time by a bit, they're sure to let me know.

Kassie, who's 3 1/2 pounds, eats about 1/4 cup divided in two feedings a day.

Tilly, who's 16 pounds, eats about 1/2 cup divided in two feedings a day.

Gypsydals

I'm horrible at measuring. LOL
Peewee (14yrs and 65-70ish pounds) gets about a pound to a pound and a quarter of raw a day. Usually equals out to a chicken quarter.
Ivan (8 years and 51 pounds) gets about a pound and a half of raw. Which usually equals out to a chicken quarter, a chicken thigh or a half a roll of ground beef.

Hillside

Original Twin
Nico-2 years,51 pounds- 3 cups a day of Natural Balance sweet potato and venison. He eats more when he's actually been working by about 3/4 cup.

Saga-5years and 10 months :p , 52 pounds. 1 3/4 cups-2 cups a day depending on season/weather/temperature. Currently she is eating Merrick grain free pork.

Missy (75lbs) gets one cup of kibble mixed with two ounces of raw (morning), or one cup of kibble mixed with two-ish scoops of canned, plus supplements (night).

Jack (25lbs) gets 1/8 cup of kibble mixed with one ounce of raw (morning), or 1/8 cup of kibble mixed with one-ish scoops of canned, plus supplements (night).

They also get a Kong almost daily that is stuffed with freeze-dried food. They also get some sort of chewy thing every night.

Red Chrome

I only feed once a day. Some days they eat Raw, others they eat kibble.

Judge(5 yrs., 90lbs) eats 5-6 cups/day Acana Pacifica mixed with Nature's Domain Salmon and Sweet Potato. On Raw, he gets 4-5 lbs/day. His amounts depend on his activity level that day. He never eats less than the minimum as he is hard to keep weight on. Somedays he eats more than the maximum and then it is broke up into 2 feedings.

LoLa(2 yrs., 49lbs.) eats 1.5-2 cups of kibble, same kibble as Judge. On raw, she gets 1-1.5 pounds depending on the day.

Sherman (8 months, 49 lbs.-Yes, he is little) eats 5-6 cups/day of kibble, same kibble as the others. On raw, he eats 3.5-4 lbs depending on the day. He is lean right now for summer and growing joints etc.

CaliTerp07

Lucy (25 lbs) eats 1/2 cup of TOTW in the morning, 1/4 c. in the evening.

If it's an agility day, she gets no kibbles, 'cause she eats her weight in string cheese. (Okay, slight exaggeration, but she regularly eats 12-16 individual cheese sticks on those nights!)

~Dixie's_Mom~

♥Chloe & Violet♥
Chloe eats about 1/2 cup of Taste of the Wild and Violet gets about a pound of raw (right now, chicken quarters). I actually don't Know exactly how much Violet eats, that's just a guess but basically she gets a drum and wing in the morning and a drum OR wing at night.

Members online

No members online now.