Dog Organization

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
I'm not gonna post pics because it's in disarray, being semi-packed, some of it is already at my house, some is still here...
I bought some drawers that stack and come in different sizes; I have four drawers. The top drawer is small and holds the sweaters and coats. The second drawer holds all the bags of treats and the can with bully sticks in them. Underneath that is all the treat dispensing toys; the last drawer is like a miscellaneous drawer. I think all that's in the misc drawer right now is poop bags... and multiple extra Kong squeakers on a rope.

I loved Falon's idea of pre-packed bags so much last time we did this and I finally found bags I liked, so I have a dock diving bag, an agility bag, and a herding bag. I don't really need an obedience or rally bag right now, all that would go in it would be our single dumbbell LOL. I don't remember right now what's even in all the bags... I know there's a clicker and poop bags in each, herding bag has a clod of sheep hair (Auggie's breeder has haired sheep, not wooly sheep) for the dogs to play with and a long line. Agility bag has some tugs that are just for agility work and a Kong squeaker on a rope, and I think a stopwatch (if it's not in there it needs to be in there); dock diving bag I think also has a long line, Payton's new wubba just for dock diving, and another Kong squeaker on a rope.

I have a grooming box for all our grooming stuff. Like straight out of PetEdge grooming box. That and my grooming table, some of my best Christmas gifts of all time! There's a small plastic basket in the basement by the mud sink with shampoos and the Kong Zoom Grooms in it. I also have a plastic tote for health stuff like Bitter Apple, Trifexis, Frontline, the leftover Tylan powder, Benadryl, that sort of thing.

In my car is a metal "lunchbox" that holds the slip leads we use for agility trials and the flat buckle collars for ob/rally. I leave them in the trunk of my car; I never use the flat buckles or slip leads anywhere but trials so no reason to pack and unpack them. There's also a spare Kong on a rope in there. I also keep a spare grooming brush in my trunk.

Each dog has their own binder for medical records, pedigree, and title certs. I JUST got Payton's first title cert today by the way. LOL oh CGC you make me so unreasonably proud.

There's a box on top of their crates that most of the leads are in.

For toys, there's a small box in the living room (they don't really play in there anymore because my dad yells at them for getting "too wild," i.e. playing.) and a large bone shaped box in the office here with plush toys. I have a small crate for tennis balls, a small crate for non-tennis balls (mostly plastic-type balls), a crate for plastic toys, and another crate just for all the sheep toys... there's a small pile in my bedroom for Payton to play with at night (I don't care if he plays by himself at 3AM as long as he's quiet.) Once we're moved in this will change, the majority of the toys will be in the living room and only a small box in the office, possibly a small box in the library as well because I'm dreaming of curling up in my chair in there to read so the dogs will need a toy or something. Oh, I also have a small plastic basket for outside toys - the Chuck It balls, the flying squirrel, the bumi, that sort of thing.

Things will be organized differently at my house; for one thing, the treats will probably go in a kitchen cabinet and I would like the treat dispensing toys to be in a tote in the kitchen near the treats and food, so more things will be able to hide nicely in the drawers. (treat dispensing toys take up a LOT of space!) I can't put holes in the wall to hang things here and I plan to hang their main leads up at my house. So... it's kinda disorganized right now because I don't have the liberty to REALLY organize it nicely. =P

FG167

Kastle has a mini duffle for day to day training with accessories: a ball on a string, a tracking line, an obedience line, tracking articles, fursavers, and pinch collars. I also have a small show bag with Dremel, show collars, show leads, special shine spray I mix myself, an undercoat rake and, of course, another ball on a string...I usually toss treats in there before we leave too. Poop bags are in everything.

Torch

Our stuff is kind of, um, everywhere....

There's actually a bit of a system. I have a few drawers in my kitchen that have extra collars and leashes, as well as medication and treats (the drawers are deep). One of the drawers that's smaller has dremel, nail clippers, poop bags, etc. His regular leash is hung up on our hall tree and his coats are in our coat closet.

I know I need to go through some of it, though.

No organization here either. The leashes and treats each have their general location, but Gypsy's toys? Everywhere. Every room. Every corner. Gypsy likes them that way. If you put them away, in a basket we tried to designate for that purpose, she will systematically disperse them throughout the house. Like a chore.

~Jessie~

Chihuahua Power!
I love threads like this :p

It's awesome to see how everyone else organizes their dog stuff.

Our dog stuff is throughout the house, but it's all organized really well.

First, the chihuahuas have their own room. The little plastic thing with drawers houses Heartgard, flea/tick meds, brushes, and other little odds and ends. Clean up supplies are in the basket. Harnesses are in the little box with the flowers :)

20120317-DSC_6523 by Chihuahuaesque, on Flickr

We keep some toys in their room toybox:

20120317-DSC_6521 by Chihuahuaesque, on Flickr

Coats and larger storage items are in their own closet.

All of our leashes are hung on 2 of these hooks by our front door (this isn't my pic, though):

We have a larger toybox for all of them in our living room, but it's at the point of being overflowing. lol.

We keep a basket full of dog treats by our back door as well.

Babyblue5290

Happy Meal. Yum.

Then I have gear bags for each sport (SchH, Flyball, Agility/trick/prop/misc etc)

More pics of everything I cram in those, HERE.

Each of my dogs also have a binder with their registration paperwork, titles, certificates, shot records etc - things I travel with just in case I need them at a trial or something.

In the living room we have an old style crate with their chew toys.
THE ORGANIZATION! My eyes are burning *hisses* lol

You should come to my house and organize for me! K THANKS :D

Art and Talon only have a cardboard box that we cut the top off of. My sister painted it for them and I think it looks awesome! Otherwise, all their leashes/collars/etc are shoved in a cabinet lol I'm not organized :/

JacksonsMom

I love threads like this :p

It's awesome to see how everyone else organizes their dog stuff.

Our dog stuff is throughout the house, but it's all organized really well.

First, the chihuahuas have their own room. The little plastic thing with drawers houses Heartgard, flea/tick meds, brushes, and other little odds and ends. Clean up supplies are in the basket. Harnesses are in the little box with the flowers :)

20120317-DSC_6523 by Chihuahuaesque, on Flickr

We keep some toys in their room toybox:

20120317-DSC_6521 by Chihuahuaesque, on Flickr

Coats and larger storage items are in their own closet.

All of our leashes are hung on 2 of these hooks by our front door (this isn't my pic, though):

We have a larger toybox for all of them in our living room, but it's at the point of being overflowing. lol.

We keep a basket full of dog treats by our back door as well.
I LOVE that your Chi's have their own room. That's so awesome. When I have my own place, if I have the extra space, I'd love to make one a 'dog room'.

*blackrose

"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"
The dogs don't wear their collars save for when we go out, so all of those are currently in a pile by the front door. Lol I have my spare collars/leashes/etc. hanging on a coat rack. The little ones' coats hang on the coat rack, too. Treats, food, meds, grooming supplies, etc. are all in storage containers on top of the dog crate.

Fran101

Resident fainting goat
His crate area is a work in progress! He will soon have a cover for it.. but for now

Merlin has a treat bin

and toy box

and his everyday leashes/collars hang on hooks by the door

His dog food is stored in one of these.. it's airtight, has wheels and fits easily behind the door in my kitchen (his treat bin is at the top)

Have ordered this to go on the top of his crate :) for my books/things!

His fancy/not everyday collars/things are on top of his crate

DJEtzel

I love this thread! It's so neat to see what everyone does. I have been meaning to get all the dog's stuff organized since moving into this house, and just... haven't. Until today. BF and I were at Lowe's and saw the perfect shelving unit marked down for being used as a display and snatched it up. So I came home and did this;

The top shelf has their food bowls and daily supplements, dremel bag/supplies, plus a basket of toys; the toys they aren't allowed to have all the time such as a chuck it, special tennis balls, 3 or 4 frisbees, a bumper, birch scented hides for nosework, some tugs, special cuz's, and a dumbbell. My bait bag is hanging off of this basket.

The second shelf from the top has two large bins and two small bins. In the first large bin on the left, there are treats; training treats and biscuits/everyday treats and chews and such. The two smaller bins have prong tip covers/extra prongs in one and clickers in the second. The larger bin on the right has grooming supplies; toothbrushes/paste, 2 speed clippers, extra blades, combs, a few different shampoos and colognes, nail clippers, nail paint, zoom groom, and a few different brushes/rakes and Frag's muzzle.

The third shelf currently has Sir & Frag's backpacks, extra bowls/dishes, and empty space for a medium bin that I will put all of the medications in; I have a ton I've collected over the years. Antibiotics, special shampoos, flea/tick stuff, numerous hypothyroidism pills & skin steroids, glucosamine, numerous HW preventatives, otomax, previcox, etc.

The bottom shelf has their towels/hand towels on one side and crate blankets on the other.

The drawer unit to the right has their coats sitting on top, under a basket with all of their clean kongs and antlers. The top drawer has bandanas and extra/old/foster collars, prongs, and chains.

The middle drawer has everyone's collars and harnesses that they still wear sometimes.

The bottom drawer has all of our leashes and slip leads.

*sigh* I am finally getting there!

Sit Stay

Not a Border Collie
I have a pretty large three tier plastic organizer. Top drawer is health stuff (vet wrap, toothbrushes, etc) , grooming, and small misc objects (poop bags, extra rubit clips, cottage dog tags). The second drawer is slightly larger and has her large collection of treats as well as her treat bag. Bottom and deepest drawer has all her harnesses, bandanas, leashes and collars all rolled up and organized.

I also have a large bin stuffed to the brim with all of her toys and stuffies.

All of her paperwork (vet invoices, health testing results, registration papers) are in a designated binder.

It all works fairly well! I don't know what I did before I got those bins and whatnot. I do want to find another way to organize leashes and collars though, then I'd move the treats down to the bottom drawer and expand the medical and grooming stuff a little. I've brainstormed some ideas which will hopefully happen when we move shortly.

meepitsmeagan

Meagan & The Cattle Dog Crew
I need to completely revamp my organization. In our house, the dogs have a whole separate room to themselves with a little amour type thing that holds extra collars, backpacks, sweatshirts, medical files, and jazz. Their crates kind of sit in the middle of the room and be big and obnoxious.

In the entry way, I have a leash hook (though I bought a new pretty one that needs to go up instead), and then sitting next to my calendar, I've got a small box with clicker, treat bag, individual-exclusive high drive toys.

In the fridge, I have two containers that store each dogs meat for the week, plus a small deep freezer downstairs for raw food storage.

Then, in the living room, we have their toy box, which never has toys in it because every time I put them back, they magically reappear in my bed.
:rolleyes:

meepitsmeagan

Meagan & The Cattle Dog Crew
Yay! I need to revamp organization as well..

I need a better way to store backpacks/harnesses/jackets...

AmandaNola

Wanna Pet My Wiener?
I have the grooming stuff I get into frequently (toothbrush and paste, brush, nail cutters) and her daily supplements in a little basket on my bookcase. Shampoos, extra grooming stuff, extra supplements, winter coats/props, and extra treats and chewies are in two of these things:

In my closet.

Her collars, harnesses and leashes are on the back of my door:

tucksmom

I'm seeing some very nice ideas here that I might implement. I'm a big fan of wicker baskets, I have a large one in the living room with their toys (though the toys are usually all over the floor instead), it's just the right size that they can crawl into it for something. Heh.

I have another basket on the kitchen counter that holds different treats and food items. I have one of those large 'be green' type bags hanging in the front closet with all their shirts and sweaters (and they have a lot). I don't really dress them anymore unless it's cold out.

I have another basket with grooming supplies, and one with collars, leashes and odds and ends. I have really been thinking about getting a small dresser for all their things but maybe when we buy a house-this rental doesn't really have the room for it right now.

Nothing inspirational here. We added on a pantry in the kitchen to keep all the dog related nonsense, and a cute bench in a nook by the front door for all their regularly used stuff. There is a shelf above it that has all the extra. Sham helped.

There is a huge closet right next to the shelf/bench with an unnaturally large door, so I think I'm going to steal AmandaNola's hanging up leads/collars.

Oko

Silence, peasants.
Horrible photo quality, but you get the point. The view of my closet/dog storage.

ETA to clarify, that is an over-the-door shoe organizer. It is beautiful. I love it.

Last edited:

Members online