The truth about Pit Bulls

scob89

DILLIGAF?
That one has beenposted on here aready. But it is a good video and thanks for bringing it up again.

nedim

Oops. Didnt catch it. Oh well, I dont think anyone will mind it.

scob89

DILLIGAF?
Nope I don't think anyone will either with all the new members that have joined since it was last posted.

Yes it is sad, but it is not just pitbulls. How many dogs are starved like that, loose their hair due to lack of proper nourishment?

Invisible

OMG that video is horribl!!!! :( I've never sseen it before and it's just gruesome. Those poor pits!!! :(

That other website seemed a bit too over zealous!
Isn't there someone on here that is a musher? Well do her dogs get treated like this?:

(The Dog - Sport - 01) One of the sled dogs is being dragged on the ice. It is either dead or unconscious, and most likely the musher has fallen asleep in the sled. This is using dogs for the pleasure of humans, and as we can see here, it can result in injury and death.

(The Dog - Sport - 02) The sled dogs in this compound are tethered to poles with just enough length to allow the dogs to enter their shelters and to get food and water. It is obvious to us, from this photo, that these dogs are not companions, they are possessions. They may be "cared for" in much the same way as car racers care for their vehicles, but they are not loved.

(The Dog - Sport - 03) This photo gives us a closer look at the chain tethers that are used to keep these sled dogs confined. This dog is obviously bored and frustrated and has resorted to digging as a way to occupy his or her time. These dogs aren't even allowed the pleasure of playing together.

(The Dog - Sport - 04) There has been a lot of "glamour" associated with mushing and dog sled racing, particularly with the Iditarod. But the glamour is for some humans and not for the dogs. The dogs may seem eager, since being faced with a choice between the boredom of the compound or pulling a sled, the dogs may choose to pull the sled; but that is really the result of the psychology of raising sled dogs. All the pent-up energy and boredom is channeled into sled pulling; in other words, the dogs are being manipulated. Do not support these inhumane practices. Dogs should not be USED. They should be loved

I don't think so! (I hope not) But this site claims that it is cruel to have dogs pull sleds like this. I think it gives them something to do and makes the dogs happy, but that's just my opinion.

I just think that site is being a little over kill about most of those issues.

There are many mushers who treat their dogs quite well, and do not keep more dogs than they can handle or work. Mushing can and is done with the dogs best care in mind.

Invisible

blue said:
There are many mushers who treat their dogs quite well, and do not keep more dogs than they can handle or work. Mushing can and is done with the dogs best care in mind.
That's what I was saying...this site seems to be trying to create prejudices(sp?) agains all sorts of things that aren't necessarily bad, like mushing.

There are a few groups that would love to see the Iditarod shut down. I cant speak for the other major mushing events. For some reason the Iditarod commision wouldnt let a team of standard poodles run, but they let a blind girl race with guides on snow machines. Snow machines on the trail are major risks to the teams and mushers.

Members online

No members online now.