Purina?

Paviche

Duuuuude.
Riff needed to eat quite a bit more on Pro Plan Sensitive Skin/Stomach than he has on other foods. I decided not to keep him on it for that reason. He usually eats 2 cups but was up to 3 1/2. Linus, my mom's dog, also needed more but he's a 10 lb dog so it's not as big an increase. He has a nice coat on it and seems to do well so she's keeling him on the Pro Plan.

All of my dogs eat Proplan.

I have fed many higher priced foods. I did Diamond Naturals for a little while and I was unhappy, my black dog turned Orange. I did grain free and I had dogs vomiting between meals and eating grass in the yard like cattle. Then my dane started to have alarming twisting and weak pasterns while eating grain free and growing.

I use Proplan Shredded Blend and I use the Limited Ingredient Proplan. I have one dog who only eats the shreds. LOL. She picks them out of her bowl like candy and will not eat the rest.

My dogs look fantastic.

This dog (below) has eaten Proplan his entire life. He was started off with ground proplan puppy and eats it now twice a day.

He is a true athlete.

Also, the company is pretty good too. I cannot complain. They have handled any problem even if it was not their fault. Our local Petsmart got infested with those pantry moths and I had 2 bags of food infested with worms and webs. The night before a dog show I ran down and returned one bag full of bugs at Petsmart, and they gave me another, I got home and it was full of bugs. I was leaving out of town to go to a dogshow. I left for the show and I talk to Purina about my Petsmart problem with their food and she promptly gave me 24lbs of Limited Ingredient for free.

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
One thing I don't get about higher priced foods is people often say it balances out because you feed less but I have been comparing foods and prices and the kcal/cup is not any different for purina vs the other brands. Some were lower cal but overall I couldn't guess if a food was grain free or 'premium' vs not based on calorie count.

I think I am going to try Purina Beyond for a while. I'm just HAPPY Hank is not pooping yellow mush right now.

I never fed less on the higher priced foods.

When I fed Blue Buffalo I swear I fed double. But it is not a good food. I had to feed more of TOTW as well.

Lyzelle

Zander became an air fern on higher quality foods. At one point he was getting 1/2 of Acana a day....and still gaining weight. At that point I went to lower calorie foods just so he could eat more than two bites.

Southpaw

orange iguanas.
Just bumping this up because I think I'm going to put Cajun on the 30/20 sport formula... as weird as I feel considering that.

I just haven't found a food that I think she does well on. Her coat just never seems nice and it's getting tiring feeding a 48lb dog 4cups of high quality food daily, and having to supplement with satin balls because she's still just too thin. So many people rave about Pro Plan that I think I'm finally to the point of thinking, okay, I'll give this a try instead of crossing my fingers with all sorts of other random foods.

It's going to be really hard for me though because Purina has been a dirty word to me for years!

*blackrose

"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"
It's going to be really hard for me though because Purina has been a dirty word to me for years!
I've officially been converted. Even the cat is on Purina now. Lol I obviously wouldn't feed *everything* Purina puts out...but the foods that have been AAFCO feeding trial tested (aka, their "higher quality" brands)? Sure. Haha

It's so weird. But, meh. All my furkids are doing awesome and that's what counts.

Southpaw

orange iguanas.
Yeah, I'm very much a "do what works" sort of person. And while I'm sure she would probably do well on something like raw or another high quality kibble... I also have yet to find a magical money tree lol in order to try those things!

I bought a bag today and my first impression: that is the easiest bag of dog food I've ever opened. Packaging is fantastic lol.

Members online

No members online now.