50mm f1.8

meepitsmeagan

Meagan & The Cattle Dog Crew
I'd really like one, but with my Nikon D40 I was told it wouldn't autofocus. Anyone know of a lens with similar photo quality that would? I hate manual focusing. >.<

meepitsmeagan

skittledoo

Crazy naked dog lady

RottenFlower

rotties are my kryptonite
More north of south, but more south of north.
That's because the lens you linked is an AF lens not an AF-S lens. Have you checked to see if there is an AF-S version of that lens? I'm still learning all the different lenses so sorry I don't know what lens to point you towards. :(
Ding, ding, ding!

This lens will autofocus. And when in doubt, just check the product specs for your specific camera.

meepitsmeagan

That's because the lens you linked is an AF lens not an AF-S lens. Have you checked to see if there is an AF-S version of that lens? I'm still learning all the different lenses so sorry I don't know what lens to point you towards. :(
Wow, I feel like a big dumbass. I'm so new to this and half the time just flat out reading something doesn't make sense to me. I'm a super visual learner.

I found what I needed. Thanks guys!

RBark

Got Floof?
If you're not sure "why" the difference exists, the D40 doesn't have an internal autofocus motor like many cameras do.

So, anytime a lens doesn't have it's own autofocus motor, it won't autofocus on your camera. So if you buy lens in the future, just check to make sure it has an autofocus motor. It's called a bunch of things, often something like Ultra Sonic Motor, or something along those lines.

Members online