N2N question

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
Has anyone had issues with the zipper breaking on these? I mean the seam between the zipper and the cloth? Summer busted through my trainer's N2N. I am pretty sure the hole had already been started before I crated her but she managed to just split that seam completely. I keep wanting a soft crate but not if she's going to break another one. I also feel bad that she busted my trainer's crate.

Btw did you know if you just google N2N it's a bunch of men in underwear?

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
I swear some of them have socks stuffed in there LOL. I really like the zebra striped and buttless one. :eek:

Makes a big difference if you google N2N CRATE.

krissy

Kili is not in a soft crate for this reason. I bought one in the summer because I wanted a larger crate for her without the weight of wire. I had to go out and buy pet resistant screen (for screen doors and stuff) and wired that to the inside of the door panel so she couldn't ruin it immediately off the bat. But she still can't be in it now. She will push the crate over by pushing against the side walls. So I can't even really step away to walk a course without her either testing the door panel or nearly flipping it as she tries the sides. So she's stuck in her borderline too small wire crate.

Also... soft crates don't hold up well in cold weather. I have snapped both floor support bars taking it to the indoor arena. The plastic is just too brittle when it gets below about 5C and even being extremely careful I still snapped the second one. Not impressed.

BostonBanker

My N2N hasn't had any trouble with the zipper/fabric connection. The zipper around the top is a little sticky, and has been so since very early on. Having said that, it hasn't gotten any worse in the 4 or 5 years I dragged it all over New England. Meg doesn't try to do any damage to crates though, other than sitting and leaning on the side, which she does do a lot of.

Shai

& the Muttly Crew
I only have one N2N but while Webby is hard on crates and has made a few tears in the mesh, I've never had any trouble with the zipper seams.

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
Hmmm. I've been thinking about buying a soft crate because it would make life easier but am worried about how durable it'll be.

BostonBanker

My Noz2Noz has really been a workhorse for me. I have dragged it everywhere, in all kinds of weather (and literally dragged it - it is too big for me to really have good ground clearance). I've only stopped using it because Meg was ALWAYS trying to get into Gusto's wire crate (He Who Can Not Be Trusted In Mesh), so I got her one as well. I think she prefers the better ventilation or something. Or she's just a bitch and was trying to go into his crate because it drives him crazy. That's actually more likely.

MicksMom

My N2N hasn't had any trouble with the zipper/fabric connection...
Me neither. Laurelin, I think you might be right about it having already started.

...The zipper around the top is a little sticky, and has been so since very early on...
I've found the top zipper to be "snugger" than the ones on the doors. I think it's because the canvas is heavier than the mesh doors. Whatever, it isn't a big deal to me.

xpaeanx

I didn't have a N2N, but I did have a canvas crate. I loved it, but then I put a foster pap in it over night and he clawed the crate so much he almost wore through the canvas... At that point, breaking it would have been easy so I stopped using it and threw it out. I miss canvas crate though, it was so lightweight and easy!

I don't think Mia could really break it at all that quickly, unless there was already wear on it. That said if she's the type to claw canvas might not be the best option... If she's more of the type to just bump it with her nose/body, I don't think it'd be a problem.

Members online

No members online now.