Growling & Barking

newtothis

Hi,

I need some guidance and quick. In my house is my wife and kids (11, 4 and 2). We rescued a 1 year old male lab/german shepherd mix a week ago. He is neutered. He has been responding well to basic training I have read online. He follows me everywhere for the last week. When my kids or wife come into my bedroom and he is in there with me he growls and barks at them. How can I stop this? I don't want to have to get rid of him...

Romy

Taxiderpy
Are they taking time to bond with him as well? It would help if the wife and children fed him all his meals and spent time playing games with him. Personally, I wouldn't feed him from a dish right now. I'd measure his food out into a bag and have him eat it out of their hands throughout the day. Preferably in exchange for doing a little trick like "sit" or something he's good at, but if you don't it's still good for teaching him that the good things in his life come from every member of the family.

milos_mommy

Romy gave good advice. I also would not allow the dog in the bedroom right now, until you can do a bit more training.

Members online

No members online now.