Can a dog produce ejaculate without testicles...

Johnston

Last year in October we took in a 2 year old American akita to save him from being thrown away like garbage. He very clearly had no testicles or sack. Today he has been dripping greeny white liquid from his doggy bits while walking round the house. Is this normal.

I apologise if this is in the wrong thread and if it's a really stupid question. I'm just making sure he's fine. Don't want to rescue a dog just to have something bad happen to him here...

Dizzy

Sit! Good dog.
Are you sure he's neutered and they just haven't dropped?

Second - he could have an infection.

Either way. Trip to the vet!!

krissy

1. Yes, a dog can be neutered and still ejaculate. There will be no sperm but all the other secondary glands like the prostate are still present and still produce their normal contributions.

2. This doesn't sound like ejaculate and I'd take him to the vet just in case there's a problem. Some discharge is normal and it's usually a yellow-white-green colour, but excessive discharge isn't normal.

Johnston

Well my father also thought it was weird and mentioned a condition where the testicles don't drop which requires a vet visit anyway.

If small amounts is normal then should I forget the vet as it was only small droplets or should I go to be on the safe side.

The vet here charges a lot just for an appointment so I want to make sure it is necessary first.

I'm not the wealthiest person in the world and taking such a big dog in didn't help financially but I guess I have a heart bigger then my wallet haha...

Johnston

It was only a small amount like droplets. The vet here charges quite a bit of money for just booking an appointment... So is there a way to tell weather or not it is an infection. I don't really want to spend all that money for nothing. If I have to I will though...

JazzyTheSibe

Love is 4 legged word
I'd take him to the vet, sounds like an infection.

But to answer your question-Yes, a neutered dog can still ejaculate, but your dog wouldn't produce sperm.

Whisper

Kaleidoscopic Eye
Absolutely take him to the vet. The only way that I know of to tell if it's infection is to wait for it to get bad enough that there's swelling and other symptoms. I know you don't want that, so please get him checked out.
I know it can really hurt the wallet, but it's worth it to make sure your dog is okay.

Members online