Hi from Georgia

Howdy everyone! This looks like a fairly active dog forum.

My name is Vickie, as in my title, I live in Georgia. I am married with a 16 year old daughter. I support my dog habit by spending long days being an experiential graphic designer. My daughter and I are fairly active in the competitive dog world. We would love to do more, but she is in school, and I work an insane amount of hours at work. My husband doesn't compete with us, he stays home and takes care of the pet dogs when my daughter and I travel to shows.

Through series of events, we have several different breeds of dogs that we love and enjoy. Our main breed we compete with is Parson Russell Terriers. I currently have 5 of them. We do conformation, earth dog, lure coursing and will start barn hunt when my schedule allows us to make a trial or clinic. My show dogs also work the farm at home doing the job they were bred for and the sleep at night in bed with us. I have one Grand Champion PRT, and I have 2 that almost have their championship (both have been very limited on showing and only need 5 singles to finish). My daughter also competes in Junior Handlers with one of the Parsons. The other 2 Parsons are pets and the little one is a bit of a mascot of everyone around her, she never made minimum size but everyone fell in love with her. Even at dog shows my PRT friends take her and leave and I will not see her for a while.

We also have an Ibizan Hound who we do conformation and lure coursing with. He is a conformation champion and he also has his ASFA Championship. He is one major short of his AKC DC title, but I have not really pursued it. He will get it, not worried about it. We had finished his championship and put him up for a year and a half and a few weeks ago, I pulled him out and entered him in a dog show. He took breed both days. So I may put a Grand on him. I wasn't going to do his grand, but I figure it will not hurt. He is a nice boy.

We also have pet, neutered Great Danes. They are both 5 years old and one is almost 6 years old. They live at home and are lazy creatures who do not earn their keep. Along with the Danes, I have an older lab mix who does not know that he is almost 8 years old. Sound as any young lab I have ever seen and he has fantastic hips. He looks and acts much younger than he is. Then lastly we have a Portuguese Water Dog bitch that is a stunning example of her breed but has not been in a show ring. She is a bit shy, for no reason at all, and she will not stand for an exam. She is not a freak, but she sinks and really does not enjoy it. I am thinking of just entering her anyway and I know she will learn to enjoy it. She works beautifully at home on her show lead, she gets super excited when we pull her show lead out. But in public she doesn't show off herself.

Looking forward to getting to know everyone. I will be creeping around for a bit reading things here and there. Have a wonderful day. :D

Members online

No members online now.