# of dogs?

Suzzie

Aging Canine Advocate
i have five, which to me feels "just right," especially since two are older and don't do much and the other three are 3-4 yo.

whenever i dog sit a dog, i do so in my home, and i can tell ya that 6 dogs is too many for me.

whenever one of my dogs goes to spend the night with grammy and grampy, the house seems too quiet and out of balance.

i will say that in the future, we'll probably stick to 3-4 dogs. I don't want my SO to have more than 1 dog at a time (because I'm the one that ends up feeding it, walking it, etc) and I don't think I could spread myself so thin if I had 4 of my own. 3 works right now because, as I said, one is older and she is more like a cat, not really wanting much of my attention.

a.baker

We have two. One 5 mths and the other a year old today. One is 45lbs. and the other will grow to be 75 lbs. So because they are young and full of energy and not super small I think 2 here is good for now.

I also have a 4 year old so that takes a lot of time too. So maybe as she gets older or moves out some day we will have more. I would love to have a dog rescue but it would have to be in a separate building like a 4 season pole barn with lots of room and ventilation. Thats my dream so one day...

Megansmom

I have one right now, but I feel like we're going to add another pap when Megan is older. I think she needs a friend...

But, with my actual kids, I don't think I could do more than two and be fair to the dogs.

~Jessie~

Chihuahua Power!
Right now we have 3- our 2 chihuahuas, and then our foster (yep, he's back).

We'll probably eventually max out at 3 or 4. In the next couple of years we'll probably add #3 to the mix ;)

Sunnierhawk0

Feelin' Froggy? Jump!
Right now I currently have 2. We have had up to 6 and althou it wasn't horrible, I didnt get to give as much one on one attention with the dogs. Mom back home has her 1 rottie, and here I have my 1 Rottie girl and my cattle dog girl.

SmexyPibble

Blow. Me. Away.
I think that when you have more dogs, you aren't so protective over them. Because I know at home my dogs are NOT , or barely, spoiled. And with Sadie, I'm more careful with her, not letting her drink out of puddles..LOL.

Members online