Eeeewwwww

Sunnypup

mostly ignored...
I took my guys fishing the other day and they brought back 1 stinky little fish that they were SO proud of they had to cook right then and there. I wouldn't let them bring it into the house so they went straight to the back yard with it and used the charcoal grill. I hadn't thought to tell them what to do with the leftover bits when they were done (head,bones ect.) and they thought it would be fine to just throw it in the yard. Well, fast forward to yesterday evening when it had been 90+ degrees all day. I let Sunny out to do his thing and wouldnt you know it, he starts rolling in something and the air begins to reek of dead...something. I start thinking "gee what could that be it almost smells like dead fish...oh my gosh I am going to KILL THEM" . Yup, Sunny decided to cover his entire body in rotten fish pieces. I almost threw up when he came trotting back to me for a belly rub and "good boy" for doing his thing. EEW. There were little pieces of the stuff stuck in his fur. I yelled for Tim to get me some shampoo, ANY shampoo and I gave Sunny a hose bath right then and there. He is not used to, nor does he like hose baths. Sunny was NOT happy with me but atleast he didn't smell like dead fish anymore. I told the boys if they EVER do that again I will watch them roll in it before they pick it up and throw it away, then they have to stay outside for 15 minutes so the smell makes THEM sick :)

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
why oh why oh why do they think it smells good? My pointer i use to have had a thing for dead snakes..and i can attest after working at the animal warehouse..Nothing smells as bad as a dead snake..but a dead fish is the very next best thing..ewee is right

Lol... you know why dogs do that? It's because they think they're "conquering" the animal (even if its just dead parts or their crap they're rolling in). It's a dog pack thing that with that smell on them, the others will think they're cool because they've killed or conquered the enemy!! Lol. My dogs growing up with come back covered in the filth they'd rolled in. Usually road kill stuff found in the woods or the "crap" from them. Totally gross! But they'd be so proud of their "perfume!" :rolleyes:

Sunnypup

mostly ignored...
Oh boy was he proud. He had NO idea why I was yelling and gagging and ran for the hose :rolleyes: He just wanted a belly rub and to run around in the house. I can't imagine how that DOESN'T bother them though, if there sense of smell is so much greater then ours. I think they just like grossing us out :)

They might be just grossing us out, too!!!??? Who knows? But I really think it goes back to their pack instincts to be the "smelly one" is good (in their minds). Just like whoever hikes their leg up the tree the highest is the best because that shows the others they are the biggest...

Members online

No members online now.