Are you a human Napkin for your canines?

filarotten

Fila the love
This morning I am sitting at the breakfast table, in my robe, drinking a cup of coffee and supervising the dogs breakfast. So brutus won't eat Maggie's food.
Brutus finishes first comes to me and proceeds to drop a string of slobber between 10-12 " down the side of my robe onto my leg and dripping onto my foot. Now normally I keep a sobber rag handy for these occasions but this morning I did not have it. I swear He smiled. Roxie finishes her breakfast and proceeds to come over and sneeze on my robe and then rub her nose all over it like it is an extra large tissue. God forbide Brutus would out do her. Am I the only human going thru this, or are there other humans that have to live with this abuse? I think Rodney Dangerfield said it best"I get no respect"

RD

Are you dead yet?
Buster loved to "slime" us. He'd come up from behind and wipe his slobbery lips on our pants, I think he actually got a kick out of seeing us make weird faces and go "Ewwww".

My boys aren't droolers, but if they were, I'm sure they'd take great pleasure in sliming me, too.

filarotten

Fila the love
But did they wipe their noses on you? By the way Buckshot she will have to take a lot of showers once the drool starts, and or sneezes.

RD

Are you dead yet?
They're always wiping their snotty little noses on me. I've just given up on trying to convince anyone else that it's NOT a gesture of love (it looks a lot like a nudge) that they're just wiping themselves on me - nobody believes me. :p They call me mean for not returning my dog's affection LOL!

Dakota also wipes eye goo on me. :rolleyes:

So in short, yes, I think I am a human napkin.

filarotten

Fila the love
Oh god eye boggers are so gross wiped on your clothes or legs. Bless thier little hearts. You just have to love them.

The drooling gets better as they grow up, lol, unless . . . they are watching you prepare or eat something. You can actually watch the puddles form on the floor then. Filas really aren't champion droolers like some of the other Mastiffs. Compared to the Olde English, they are dry mouthed :eek:

Bimmer makes the grrrls submit to routine groomings, cleans their ears and eyes and washes their faces, and they've learned to return the favor - very carefully ;) They really don't like upsetting him when they can avoid it.

Buckshot, Karen won't stand a chance the first time that melancholy little face looks up at her. And she'll love making you jealous, as these dogs are notorious for preferring women.

Toldja they were intelligent . . . :p

Athe

Newf's are the kings and Queens of droolers. I have to clean drool from my ceiling, walls, fridge...every surface daily. I have to do a drool inspection on my clothes before leaving the house. I had left the house one day with a big long stringy peice of drool in the back of my hair...very embarressing. My Rottie drools but it's only baby drool when I am preparing good food items.
The Newf's are the worst though, not only do they drool excessevely...they also have a big coat to absorb and hold the drool...so, they are like a big hairy wet sponge.

bridey_01

Kelpiefied
Azlan doesn't drool, but he nearly always comes up to me and slobbers all over my legs/arms/face after he's been swimming or has had a drink.

Our Boxer used to drool excessively after a long walk, and on one occasion my husband met a friend after his walk with Lexi, and Lexi did what she did best, and that was to shake her head from side to side, with bits of drool flying all over the place. A string of drool landed on the other guys moustache and he didnt notice!!!!!!! My husband was too embarrassed to say anything, so just left without telling the guy. Whenever we see the guy we still have a giggle about it to ourselves!!

Barb04

Super Moderator
Oh, my Kona knows how to wipe her mouth on me too after drinking water or eating. You have to make sure you don't have good clothes on and can change if you do.

Members online

No members online now.