Who does your dog look like?

Kootenay

Jasper kind of doesn't look much like either of his parents, in my opinion, but I could be wrong. He's marked like his mom, but just doesn't really look like her, and I don't have any photos of his father but I don't recall that he looked much like Jasper either (he was a tri).

This is his mom:

And Jasper:

SpringerLover

Bailey is the female version of her father.
Breeder's photo: Chance

I don't remember what her mom looks like. She looks nothing like either of her half sisters I know either. One is built light like her but much shorter. The other is built like a tank but still shorter than her.

Gabby has her mother's face!

Elrohwen

Some people say Watson looks like his mom, but I think he looks much more like his dad. All of the puppies I've met by his dad, and his dad's littermate, look exactly like Watson no matter who the mother was. Overall, Watson is built more delicately than most of his relatives, and his face especially is pretty feminine. I haven't figured outwhere he got that from.

mom, Drew:

dad, Pepper:

uncle, Jack (Pepper's littermate):

Jack's son Max - slightly different head, but same expression and exact same personality:

Watson:

With his littermate sister, who has the same facial expressions, but looks more like their mom overall:

PWCorgi

Priscilla Winifred Corgi
Siri takes after Who more,I don't see much at all of Halo (her father) in her. I also don't think she looks a whole lot like any of her siblings, all but one I am friend's with their owners on FB, but I don't want to steal pictures without asking, so you'll just have to take my word for it :p

This is Halo.

Sekah

The Monster.
I've always thought that Cohen didn't bear strong resemblance to either parent, but it might be because I don't have a lot of solid reference photos. Her sire was a typical show dog type - thick boned, substantial. Her mother was a pet and she did a bit of agility and rally, but nothing too intense.

What do you guys think?

Dam

Sire

Cohen!

Cohen again!

Mega was a pet shop puppy, so goodness only knows what her parents looked like.

skittledoo

Crazy naked dog lady
I think Itztli is going to be a near spitting image of his mother. He has more his dad's bone especially in his legs, but you can tell he is his mother's son.

Lupe- Dam

And Itztli

CharlieDog

Rude and Not Ginger
Indy looks NOTHING like the only relative I know of hers, her full sister. Her sister is a freaking TANK and has a couple inches on her, broader head, and not quite as reverse brindle as Indy.

Harrison, we'll see. I've been told by people who know his mom that he looks just like her, and I see dogs on his dads side he could grow up to look similar too. He's just six months old, close to seven months, but both of his parents are gorgeous, and I think he'll end up a nice blend of both of them. He definitely has a stellar temperament which both of his parents have, and his darker color comes from his dad I think, though he doesn't have ANY of the white chest or toes his dad has. So right now, he definitely favors his mom.

I totally thought this thread was going to be more of a "People who resemble their dogs" topic, LOL

Our first greyhound was actually an "uncle" to our present boy. Hector's Grandfather was Riggin's Great Grandfather. Hector was a bit more heavyset, but they both share the same colouring (tuxedo's, white-tipped toes and tail, white streak on the end of their noses) and build. I think Hector's face was a little darker. I don't know if it's just me but they seem to share some traits even though they never met. Could be all in my head though.

Believe it or not, because I was searching the database with a typo, I had no idea the two were related when I adopted Riggin. When I got his official paperwork I clued in.

yv0nne

Vizsla mom
Penn doesn't really look like her dad at allll..

Dad.

But she has the same colouring& ears as her momma..

And out of all the pups from the litter (12), she looks most like her brother Vincent.

And, of course, if you own a breed where there are actual colour differences, then this all seems crazy because they are all the exact same.

Julee

UNSTOPPABLE
And out of all the pups from the litter (12), she looks most like her brother Vincent.

And, of course, if you own a breed where there are actual colour differences, then this all seems crazy because they are all the exact same.
It amuses me that her brother's name is Vincent. The only person I know IRL with a V is named Vincent.

I've only met Em's siblings once. They had a lot of white on the chest and paws, didn't look a ton like her. Haven't see the other dogs' relatives.

*blackrose

"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"
I don't have any saved pictures of Abrams' dam/sire (sadface), but most of the dogs in his pedigree are from Chesabar lines, and I can see that in him for sure, especially from the dogs on his sire's side

For example, a dog out of a (repeat?) breeding that produced Abrams' sire:

(^picture stolen from facebook)

I would swear to you that the picture was of Abrams if I didn't know any better. (Although said dog has a wider face than Abrams does when viewed from the front - Abrams is more "narrow" in comparison).

Slick

Kristina
This is the only picture I have of Leo's mom. She is clearly NOT happy about the camera being so close to her pups (incidentally, Leo is the second to the left puppy, eeeeh)

Obviously, color-wise they look completely different. But Leo looks JUST like mom when he is upset. Literally exactly the same look/expression/everthing. That is his classic "Why did you pick me up? You know I hate that, whyyyyy?" face :p

I wish I had pictures of mom more relaxed rather than freaked out in the shelter setting, because I bet they would be similar in other ways too.

Dad's unknown so no pictures there

Members online

No members online now.